ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The attacks on Christians
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:54 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

First Works Baptist Church was red tagged after the explosion at 1:10 am Saturday and protesters who’d planned a Sunday protest canceled their protest.

But from an undisclosed location on Sunday morning, the young pastor live-streamed his sermon:

—-

L.A. Times 1/24/2021

Mejia didn’t return multiple requests for comment. But First Works livestreamed his Sunday sermon on YouTube. After denouncing the “terrorists” and “sodomites” whom he claimed blasted his church, Mejia giddily cited multiple biblical verses about the glories of persecution. Congregants laughed and proclaimed “Amen!” when he described as “exciting” the events of the previous 36 hours.

“Everyone thinks we’re like —,” Mejia said as he cut himself off and pretended to cower. He then straightened up and snickered. “We’re just going like, ‘This is kind of cool!’ We don’t want a boring life. … We want buildings to blow up. Because there’s only one life to live.

“There’s only one life to live, folks,” he repeated. “Might as well go out in a blaze of glory.”

—-

Meanwhile the Federal Bureau of Investigation is leaving no stone unturned to ferret out the bomber.

Eventually they’ll make a report.

It was fortunate that the bomb spared the video equipment of the church.

They’ll likely have evidence of everyone at the undisclosed location less than 36 hours later.

Post subject: The attacks on Christians
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:42 pm 
Crown Grade

To attack a place of worship is reprehensible. To throw goofy shots at the “young” pastor really takes being a piece of garbage.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:09 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Turkinator wrote:
To attack a place of worship is reprehensible. To throw goofy shots at the “young” pastor really takes being a piece of garbage.

The young pastor is appearing on non religious ultra right wing talk shows, which YouTube seems to take down as fast as they can identify them. No doubt First Works Baptist has a service agreement with YouTube as a religious organization. When he strays over into pure politics the YouTube moderators remove the content, or perhaps bury it. He can preach any gospel he wants about Jesus all he wants, and YouTube will leave his productions alone.

The mainstream media has pointed out how he’s tried increasing membership by attacks on sodomites, which is standard storefront church fare these days, but neglected to report how he also bashes Catholics far worse than my old Roosevelt hating, Prohibitionist Methodist grandmother ever dared to:

Investigators are investigating a man who’s ticked off a lot more than the sodomites at the First Works Baptist Church.

If he’s not the culprit, and somebody inside his church isn’t guilty, then the young man has created an almost endless list of enemies.

Here’s a tirade against “Fox News Baptists”

Still yet there are over 30,000 Christian sects in the USA with more like First Works Baptist popping up each Sunday when another closes.

Storefront Christianity is a brutally competitive business, and ever since Sister Aimee disappeared, young ministers have had a roadmap on how to stay ahead of their competition.

—-

Smithsonian

Along the Los Angeles beach between Venice and Ocean Park, a small group of mourners wandered aimlessly, occasionally dropping to the sand to pray—unable to stop their tears. “Aimee is with Jesus; pray for her,” they chanted. A Coast Guard cutter patrolled just offshore as deep-sea divers plunged into the water. Aimee Semple McPherson, evangelist, faith-healer, founder of the Foursquare Gospel Church and builder of the Angelus Temple, was believed to have disappeared during a swim on May 18, 1926. In the hours that followed, rescuers were sparing no effort to find her.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/ ... st-572829/

—-

But still yet it’s hard not to feel sorry for the charismatic young man and his beautiful family.

Storefront preachers must eat, too.

I used to ask my father why we couldn’t identify as anything at all but Christian, and he’d reply it’s been our church tradition to do that ever since we stood at the Foot of the Cross.

But he was quick also to say that we are Christians only, but not the only Christians.

There are also Disciples of Christ, the Church of Christ, and about 30,000 other Christian churches as well, just in the United States.

Our church taught us about Sister Amiee to illustrate how difficult it is to begin a new Christian church. Like all other souls will, Sister Aimee now stands before the Lord:

—-

On September 26, 1944, McPherson went to Oakland, California, for a series of revivals, planning to preach her popular "Story of My Life" sermon. When McPherson's son went to her hotel room at 10:00 the next morning, he found her unconscious with pills and a half-empty bottle of capsules nearby. She was dead by 11:15. It was later discovered that she had called her doctor that morning complaining of feeling ill from the medicine, but he was in surgery. She then phoned another doctor who referred her to yet another physician. However, McPherson lost consciousness before the third could be contacted.[156][157]

The autopsy did not conclusively determine the cause of McPherson's death. She had been taking sleeping pills following numerous health problems. Among the pills found in the hotel room was the barbiturate Seconal, a strong sedative which had not been prescribed for her[citation needed]. It was unknown how she obtained them. The coroner said she most likely died of an accidental overdose compounded by kidney failure. The cause of death was listed as unknown.[158] Given the circumstances, there was speculation about suicide, but most sources generally agree the overdose was accidental.[159]

Forty-five thousand people waited in long lines, some until 2 a.m., to file past the evangelist, whose body lay in state for three days at the Temple. It later took 11 trucks to transport the $50,000[160] worth of flowers to the cemetery. Though they had left McPherson's employ on bad terms, her former assistant pastor Rheba Crawford Splivalo, daughter Roberta, and her mother Mildred Kennedy were also in attendance.[161][162]

An observer, Marcus Bach, wrote:

A thousand ministers of the Foursquare Gospel paid their tearful tribute. The curious stood by impressed. The poor who had always been fed at Angelus were there, the lost who had been spirit-filled, the healed, the faithful here they were eager to immortalize the Ontario farm girl who loved the Lord.[162]

—-

Sister Amiee’s church still prospers today, around the world.

https://www.foursquare.org/

Here’s their side of the story of her 1926 disappearance.
—-
However, as Aimee’s reputation grew so did the threats. In 1926, she was kidnapped and held for ransom. After she escaped from the tiny shack in Mexico where she was being held captive, the media cast it as a ploy to cover up an affair. A district attorney tried to indict Aimee for conspiracy, but admitted that he couldn’t produce a single witness to testify against her. Aimee’s public image took a beating but, as always, she continued to work hard to bring the gospel to those who needed to hear it

——

Tom T Hall, could not have written it better.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:49 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

So Mejia is a whack job fanatic, doesn't mean he bombed his own church. In fact, it makes it more likely that some hater of Mejia did the bombing. So, you can just quit trying to convince us that Mejia blew up his own church. I will ignore any further posts from you to that effect and would suggest that others here do likewise.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:08 am 
Crown Grade

lossking wrote:
So Mejia is a whack job fanatic, doesn't mean he bombed his own church. In fact, it makes it more likely that some hater of Mejia did the bombing. So, you can just quit trying to convince us that Mejia blew up his own church. I will ignore any further posts from you to that effect and would suggest that others here do likewise.
as I said, anyone who would make the underhanded accusation that this pastor blew up his own church is garbage and not worth responding to. I wonder what the outrage would be if the same accusations were made about a black church bombing?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:59 am 
Crown Grade

Turkinator wrote:
lossking wrote:
as I said, anyone who would make the underhanded accusation that this pastor blew up his own church is garbage and not worth responding to. I wonder what the outrage would be if the same accusations were made about a black church bombing?

Yeah, the left must defend the left. It never fails.

The point for me is that no-one has the right to blow up a church because of what is being preached.

All the comments on various denominations and store front churches, which IMO is distraction and thinly veiled justification for blowing up a church, has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Liberal progressive thinking fueled the bombing of this church IMO, and it is obvious that the left is becoming more violent.

We have only to see a few letters of the alphabet spelling our name in the sand to recognize at once the work of an intelligent agent. How much more likely, then is the existence of an intelligent Creator behind human DNA, the colossal biological database that contains no fewer than 3.5 billion "letters the longest "word" yet discovered?"
John Lennox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:13 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Turk nailed it in the initial post of this thread:

"Jesus told us that as He was hated so would we be."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:35 pm 
Crown Grade

John 15
 18“If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you.

19“If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.

20“Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also.

21“But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me.

22“If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.

23“He who hates Me hates My Father also.

24“If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would not have sin; but now they have both seen and hated Me and My Father as well.

25“But they have done this to fulfill the word that is written in their Law, ‘THEY HATED ME WITHOUT A CAUSE.’

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Fools!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:38 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

lossking wrote:

Bingo, you got that right!

The present pastor didn’t start that particular storefront church.

I gather from the videos that would be a Pastor Anderson.

Pastor Anderson no doubt had lots of supporters and friends in that church.

Any one of which has spent a long time watching the new pastor, and could easily predict how he’d respond to a church bombing.

To add to that, they’d be certain to know where the new pastor spent Friday nights.

LONG BLACK VEIL (and answer song)

Lefty Frizzell and Marijohn Wilkin

Or it could be a Godless Sodomite or Fox News Baptist or Catholic bent on revenge, or some other hairy legged soul lost out to sin. The list is practically endless.

The FBI agents must keep their minds open, to every suspect.

Every Christian church has had it’s own Judas since the first one.

Those old time preachers used to declare the price paid to one chosen disciple was thirty pieces of silver, then would to point at my father, and ask him by name what his price was.

Then other elders, that he’d cleared ahead of time before the sermon.

I’d ask Daddy about that, and he’d smile and say that before the preacher steps on anybody’s toes, I demand he step on mine first.

That cut way down on the preacher trying to shame anyone in the congregation and made for spectacular sermons.

(And, we used to debate at the kitchen table who killed some one under the town hall light in the ballad Long Black Veil. Daddy said he couldn’t guess, Mama said it was likely a drunk, but I always suspected the singer’s best friend. Who is your pick?)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:41 pm 
Crown Grade

Turkinator wrote:
Why do you degenerate every thread into a retarded humansville story? This was a leftist terrorist attack against a conservative fundamentalist church. To bring up a hokey story is rubbish .

Since this wasn’t answered, I’ll take a stab: like most like him, he doesn’t create, only consumes. Since he cannot have self esteem through productive means, he must make himself feel better by tearing others down. This is simply an observation, as I learned in psychology, wife beaters, animal abusers and rapists get their esteem from belittling others and dominating them. Since he cannot by his nature provide anything supportive, and he feels dominant when he steers the conversation away from anything remotely coherent, he feels empowered.

Now, this is the 30,000’ perspective. He should really schedule visits with a professional psychotherapist to get himself straightened out. Otherwise, he’s probably going to hurt someone if he hasn’t already done so.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

EricB wrote:
Turkinator wrote:
Why do you degenerate every thread into a retarded humansville story? This was a leftist terrorist attack against a conservative fundamentalist church. To bring up a hokey story is rubbish .

Since this wasn’t answered, I’ll take a stab: like most like him, he doesn’t create, only consumes. Since he cannot have self esteem through productive means, he must make himself feel better by tearing others down. This is simply an observation, as I learned in psychology, wife beaters, animal abusers and rapists get their esteem from belittling others and dominating them. Since he cannot by his nature provide anything supportive, and he feels dominant when he steers the conversation away from anything remotely coherent, he feels empowered.

Now, this is the 30,000’ perspective. He should really schedule visits with a professional psychotherapist to get himself straightened out. Otherwise, he’s probably going to hurt someone if he hasn’t already done so.

Let’s suppose, it was a leftist antifa type that bombed the First Works Baptist Church.

The FBI is certainly keeping all suspects open, going where the evidence leads.

FBI agents are people, too. They had fathers, mothers, church experiences.

If they didn’t know who Sister Amiee was they’d have never made it past the FBI academy.

Sister Amiee is as famous as Jack the Ripper is of serial killers of scammy evangelists faking a crime for publicity.

The son of any Campbellite head elder would know the second they read the story this might be a 16th Street Baptist Church bombing (which gave the FBI jurisdiction) or a Sister Amiee situation, either one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/16th_St ... ch_bombing

My father was also head elder when the 16th Street Baptist Church was bombed in 1963.

Somebody came into the church crying, as we were about to start Sunday School. Regular worship services were an hour later.

My father had about an hour, to figure out what to say, when he opened regular services.

He stood up in front of us, and with tears streaming down, said for those little colored children killed in Birmingham Alabama, let’s turn to What a Friend We Have in Jesus, and sing:

WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS

I don’t remember anything else that day, except all the grown ups crying.

If a leftist did it they wanted to avoid another 16th Baptist Church bombing and make the FBI think it was another Sister Aimee situation.

Whoever did it could have killed a bunch of children, and didn’t.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:57 pm 
Crown Grade

lossking wrote:
Fools!!

“There is a certain solid use in fools. It is not so much that they rush in where angels fear to tread, but rather that they let out what devils intend to do.”
― G.K. Chesterton, Alarms and Discursions

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

chucka wrote:
lossking wrote:
Fools!!

“There is a certain solid use in fools. It is not so much that they rush in where angels fear to tread, but rather that they let out what devils intend to do.”
― G.K. Chesterton, Alarms and Discursions

I was introduced to Father Brown at a young age.

—-

Father Brown is a fictional Roman Catholic priest and amateur detective who is featured in 53 short stories published between 1910 and 1936 written by English novelist G. K. Chesterton.[1] Father Brown solves mysteries and crimes using his intuition and keen understanding of human nature. Chesterton loosely based him on the Rt Rev. Msgr. John O'Connor (1870–1952), a parish priest in Bradford, who was involved in Chesterton's conversion to Catholicism in 1922.[1]

—-
The lead investigator on this case will also have read C.K. Chesterson, and Sir Authur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie, and other famous detective novelists.

But their new boss is Merick Garland, although the former prosecutor of the last two 16th Street Baptist Church bombers and Erich Rudolf almost made the cut.

Former Senator Doug Jones now works for CNN.

—-
Wikipedia

In January 1998, Eric Rudolph bombed the New Woman All Women Health Care Center in Birmingham. Jones was responsible for coordinating the state and federal task force in the aftermath, and advocated that Rudolph be tried first in Birmingham before being extradited and tried in Georgia for his crimes in that state, such as the Centennial Olympic Park bombing.

Jones prosecuted Thomas Edwin Blanton Jr. and Bobby Frank Cherry, two members of the Ku Klux Klan, for their roles in the 1963 16th Street Baptist Church bombing. The case was reopened the year before Jones was appointed, but did not gain traction until his appointment.

You can guess who CNN will assign this story, if there’s a suspect that is indictable.

The FBI agent in charge of this, will cross every t and dot every i .

They are no fool, whoever he or she is leading this investigation.

But neither was the bomber, a fool.

They had a grudge or a publicity motive, they could make a timed explosive that worked, they were not afraid of security cameras, and the bomber(s) had no intention of getting caught.

They are not a suicide bomber or other martyr.

Bombing a church with a timed explosive is either domestic terrorism or arson, either one good for a long prison stretch.

Post subject: The attacks on Christians
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:50 pm 
Crown Grade

EricB wrote:
Turkinator wrote:

you nailed it sir!!!! When a child, or a fool are presented with a subject that they either can’t or won’t respond to, they either, if it’s a child, they throw a tantrum. If it’s a fool, they just change the subject to inane irrelevant blather. Sad isn’t it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:56 pm 
Crown Grade

Probably, Proverbs 26:4 is the proper response from here on out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Turkinator wrote:
Probably, Proverbs 26:4 is the proper response from here on out.

Somebody is circulating the following taken verbatim from the young pastor’s Halloween 2018 sermon. Whew. I might rethink what I thought before about him being just another typical storefront Baptist preacher:

—-

You know, obviously, this already passed yesterday, but Halloween. And I know many sermons have been preached on this, but this ticks me off. The pastors — these supposed men of God — never touch this with a ten foot pole! They don’t talk about it at all!

They don’t want to preach against it. You know why? Because their kids are out there going — I was going to say soul winning — Halloweening. You know, their kids are the ones dressing up like devils. Worshipping the devil on the 31st. So they’re too scared to say anything from the pulpit regardless of that because it’ll make them look like what? Like hypocrites. Well, guess what? They’re already hypocrites! Because they’re letting their kids do it. Aww, they’re just trying to have fun. You know what? Sodomites want to have fun, too. Does that make it right, what they do?

So don’t give me this, it’s nothing bad. It’s the Devil’s night!

Well everyone’s doing it. So what? If that person jumped off a bridge, would you do it too? No.

So we as Christians, when this stuff comes around, we need to be the ones who are casting down that imagination and say, “Sorry to crash the party, Christians. But your trunk-or-treat is wicked.” “Sorry to, you know, crash the party on this whole fun you’re having here, I know you already bought your Frozen costume, but trick-or-treating… is wicked as hell, and you’re worshipping Satan actually, and your daughter is dressed like a whore, because that girl in Frozen is a whore. Sorry to crash the party on you about that. She’s not a princess. She’s a whore.”

And every princess from Disney is a rebellious girl who has forsaken her leader, her fathers, okay? She’s forsaken the covenant of her youth. She’s not under authority. And she’s teaching every single person who’s watching her to be the same! Sorry to rain down on your parade, but I’m just here to cast doubt on this stronghold and just kill the party. Okay?

But you know what that’s called? That’s called a reality check that people need. And pastors hate that stuff. They hate when this one pastor or these two pastors get up and they say these things. Well, whether you hate it or not, you know, I hate every false way! So… You pastors need to get right with God and put these children in subjection with all gravity, and say “We’re not doing Halloween anymore.” You know, “I’ll order you a pizza if you want, for the 31st, but you ain’t going nowhere. We’re not doing this. It’s the Devil’s holiday.

——

Calling everybody’s little girl in his own congregation a whore for dressing up for Halloween surely didn’t win him a lot of friends among the fathers in that flock, and the mothers there must have contemplated violence him saying that in front of their daughters.

The person in charge of the FBI investigation surely has a lot more suspects than the sodomites.

Still yet the FBI is famous for always getting their man, or woman.

It might just take awhile, in this case.