ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington 1100 Competition
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:36 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello,
I have been trying to id a recently purchased shotgun. It is a model 1100 competition with a gold toned receiver and what I believe to be regular rem choke tubes. It has a target contour barrel with no date codes. All I see is a box with YK and a circle with an E on the left side and a REP with a W? on the right. The barrel also appears to be between 27-28 inches. It appears to have high grade wood on it. Elite shotguns once had two of them and I saw another one for sale on a trap shooter forum. Other than that, I cannot find any information on this from any old catalog or website.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by kurtrzebley on Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Remington 1100 Competition
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:09 pm 
Utility Grade

O.K. so what I can both gather from the Remington Society and my local shotgun expert is that this is a very rare gun produced from 1998-1999. This falls into the two years that Remington stopped putting date codes on barrels and only put the manufacture date on the shipping cartons.