ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 Carrier Off Center
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:59 pm 
Utility Grade

I purchased a new SBE 2 Classic model and the carrier appears to be crooked, almost touching the right side of the receiver (when looking at the bottom of the gun) when the bolt is closed. When the bolt is open, it locks up more centered. Is it normal for the carrier to appear off center like this? It appears the carrier latch is pushing it off center. I had a previous SBE 2 years ago and never noticed the carrier not appearing straight in the loading port.

Bolt Closed
Botl Open

Last edited by Curly N on Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
images retrieved from listed link and posted inline

Post subject: Re: Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 Carrier Off Center
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:54 am 
Crown Grade

Not normal.
Is there a warranty with this gun??
Call Benelli

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:40 pm 
Utility Grade

Yes, I just bought it new and haven't even fired it yet. I sent Benelli Tech Support an email this morning and they responded "It is not unusual for the carrier to look if center. As long as it is functioning properly, you should be fine."

If other's have SBE 2's and the carrier is straight, unlike mine, I think I will need to call Benelli to see about sending it in.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:18 pm 
Field Grade

I think that benelli occasionally has problems with the plastic trigger housings..
My old SBEII had a similar issue, albeit not as bad.
If I were you and had any issues at all smoothly and easily loading rounds into the tube, I'd take them up on the warranty service.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:50 pm 
Crown Grade

It’s new so I would likely send it in ,but the carrier has two legs with holes that pivot on a pin. Pull the trigger in it. Remove it and you can bend the legs and re center it. I’ve done it. Up to you and your skills.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:56 pm 
Utility Grade

I pulled the trigger housing, and yeah you can see even out of the gun the carrier is not square with the trigger housing. I called Benelli and got a pre paid label to send it in... will update once I receive it back... I hope they just don't say it is within spec LOL. Thanks for the feedback. If anyone can upload a picture of their SBE 2 carrier for reference I'd appreciate it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:44 pm 
Utility Grade

Just wanted to give an update on my outcome. I'm a little late on my response, but I got the gun back from Benelli a couple of weeks ago. I think it was about 3 weeks turnaround time before I receiving it back via FedEx on a Sunday afternoon :) Anyway, upon inspection the carrier now is no longer crooked in the receiver and when I push it down it doesn't hang on the edge of the groove in the bottom of the bolt. It operates and looks totally normal and I'm completely happy with the Benelli customer service experience. Only PITA was I had to buy a cheap gun case to ship it in. The repair note said they replaced the trigger housing and adjusted the carrier, and test fired. I took the gun out last week and patterned it with a Rob Roberts .660 (mine has a 28in barrel) and some Hevi 2 1/4 straight 6's. BTW, I am not crazy about the silver mid bead when aiming at a stationary target, but I was able to screw it down some so it is barely visible and doesn't cover the entire front fiber optic. I was surprised to find at 40 yards POA was POI using the top of the front fiber optic in the middle of a 10in circle I drew on my targets. I think the first SBE II I had shot about 10-14 inches high at the same distance. The patterns were awesome at 40yards, and centered, although I didn't count the pellets in the 10 in circle I was aiming at. Anyway, thanks for the help!