ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: M2 broke
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:34 pm 
Limited Edition

Cleaning my M2 today after hunting in the cattails and noticed the barrel extension was loose. Upon further looking I noticed a section of the threads was missing, that probably happened when the extension loosened up while shooting. Don't know when it happened, last time I had the barrel off was a month ago and I usually don't grab on the extension like I happened to tonight. It could've been loose for awhile but I know the piece hasn't been missing for long.

Guess I get to call Benelli in the morning and see if their CS is as bad as some say it is. I can't remember if I registered the gun when I bought it so I hope they don't balk if I didn't.

Thank god I bought an extra M2 this summer so I have something to use in the meantime. Might just swap the barrel over from the new one since I'll be getting a new barrel from the looks of it anyway. That way I can keep the backup unfired for now.
[url]Image[/url]
[url]Image[/url]

ETA. Forgot to mention the gun is a year and a half old with 2600rds through it so it's by no means wore out.

Post subject: Re: M2 broke
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

Interesting. Hopefully they take care of you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:18 pm 
Limited Edition

Got the gun shipped out today. Benelli sent me a prepaid label. They wanted the whole gun which I thought was odd since shotgun barrels are interchangeable and you shouldn't need the receiver to correctly clock the extension.

They never said if they were going to repair or replace the barrel.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:13 am 
Presentation Grade

The prepaid label was a good start. Let us know how this turns out.

tp

12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (finally got firing pin after seven months)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:27 am 
Crown Grade

Interested in the results. I also shoot an M2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:38 pm 
Limited Edition

Got the gun back today. It appears they replaced the extension(it's too clean to be the original)and cleaned up the area where the threads were chipped. I was kind of hoping they would take it upon themselves to replace the gel pad when they saw how beat up it was after only a year but at least the gun is fixed and it didn't cost me anything.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:06 pm 
Crown Grade

Sounds good, but also sounds like you’re trying to find something to be upset about?

Anti Monkey Butt Powder, available at a store near you.......

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:13 pm 
Limited Edition

Rooster booster wrote:
Sounds good, but also sounds like you’re trying to find something to be upset about?

Not upset. I didn't expect them to replace anything just kind of hoped in the back of my mind maybe they'd replace the beat up gel pad. I'm happy the gun is back, fixed, and didn't cost me anything.

I am upset at the quality of the gel pad and comb. Benelli changed the makeup of these parts and they are not as durable as the older ones. The gun I traded in to get this one was 9yrs old and the pad looked better than this one did after a year. The newer pads and combs are softer and they just don't hold up. Heck, I took my brand new backup M2 out twice while this one was in the shop and the pad already is cut up and the pad on the comb is scuffed up from the few times I mounted the gun.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:04 pm 
Crown Grade

Might not hurt to give them a call........maybe they’ll send you a new one?

Anti Monkey Butt Powder, available at a store near you.......

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:08 pm 
Field Grade

That's too bad on the comb and gel pads. I wonder what those components will be like in 50 years.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:04 pm 
Limited Edition

DesertMuleDeer wrote:
That's too bad on the comb and gel pads. I wonder what those components will be like in 50 years.

They'll probably be in the same place I'll be in 50yrs, in the ground.

The comb should hold up, the damage to that is just the slick outer finish is roughed up like you sanded it with fine sandpaper. I doubt the pad will last that long unless you never hunt with it.

Maybe I'm the only one wearing these out. My wife always said I missed my calling as a durability tester LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:11 am 
Crown Grade

Glad it worked out for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk