ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: K80 barrel selector lock out issue
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:56 pm 
Presentation Grade

Have a k80 on which I decided to lock the barrel selector. I turned the set screw in a quarter turn at a time until the selector was locked in place. Now the second barrel will not fire. Backed the screw out about the same amount as I turned it in. 2nd barrel fires. Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: K80 barrel selector lock out issue
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:54 am 
Presentation Grade

My only guess is that you may have your trigger shoe slid into a position that is interfering some how. (Probably too far back)

Try centering the trigger shoe on the base and see if it functions as it should. Again this is just a guess.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:15 am 
Presentation Grade

Good call. Turns out I had the shoe too far forward. I have large hands and had moved the shoe to within about a mm from the selector. Moved it back to where the front of the shoe is at the front of the piece that it mounts to. All is well except for the fact that now the trigger is too close to my hand to be comfortable when shooting.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:22 am 
Presentation Grade

leftex wrote:
Good call. Turns out I had the shoe too far forward. I have large hands and had moved the shoe to within about a mm from the selector. Moved it back to where the front of the shoe is at the front of the piece that it mounts to. All is well except for the fact that now the trigger is too close to my hand to be comfortable when shooting.

Two choices, purchase and install the Krieghoff short trigger, or remove some material from the front of your existing trigger shoe. I use the short triggers on my K80’s

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:30 am 
Presentation Grade

Or, since this gun has Perazzi grade wood and the forend has had a couple of repairs I will most likely have a new stock and forend made. Thanks again for your expertise.