ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to Benelli - want M3S90 - your thoughts?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:48 pm 
Utility Grade

I’m looking at a NIB pre-ban Benelli M3 Super 90. It came from the factory with the pistol grip stock and extended magazine tube. This would be my first shotgun (own SIG 228 and Colt AR-15) and I’m really taken with the M3. I’d plan to use it for the home as well as good blasting fun.

What can you folks tell me about this weapon that I can’t read elsewhere? What would be a fair price for this fine shotgun I’ve fallen in love with?

Thanks.

- Brian

Post subject: Re: New to Benelli - want M3S90 - your thoughts?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hi Brian-

Welcome to SGW, and to the I Love my Benelli forum!

Benelli doesn't make poor quality shotguns, and of course that goes for the M3 as well as other offerings. While I wouldn't shrink from using an M3, I personally feel that convertible-action guns are questionable for personal defense use. Better IMO to choose semi-auto (M1S90) or pump (Nova), and train with only that one action type until using it is second nature, including clearing/malfunction drills.

I've had four Novas at various times, including two in defensive trim, and think that it's one of the best shotguns going, and absolutely the best value in a shotgun anywhere.

From what I've seen around Michigan, if you can get into a nice M3 for under $1000 you're doing pretty good. If you snoop around, you can find M1s here for around $600, and Novas for $300.

Please let us know if you get your M3; I'd be interested in knowing how you like it.

Best Rgds,
John

Post subject: Re: New to Benelli - want M3S90 - your thoughts?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:32 pm 
Utility Grade

I love my m-3!! Mine was born back in 1990 and I am the second owner. I have had a mossberg and an 870 at different times and have nothing bad to say about any of them, they are all fine weapons! I just love my m-3 that much more that the others collected dust and were eventually sold to friends! It is too much fun to blast away in semi-auto to kill those rabid watermelons!! I have put at least 5000 rounds through it with no problems what-so-ever. The only thing that I found a problem with is lighter loads-doesn't like them in semi too much, other than that I LOVE MY BENELLI!!! [/b]