ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Still love it!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:31 pm 
Limited Edition

Just wanted to pop in and say "Hey everyone". Those of you who are new may not remember me and those of us who are old may not either :wink: I took a little time off from the forum.
But with winter skeet leagues just around the corner I have been out at the range the last couple weeks getting "refreshed" and I wanted to post how much I still love my SPR310. I have about 3000 rounds through her now and it still hasn't had a single FTF. She breaks open sweetly, nothing has "fallen off", my refinish job is holding up, and it breaks clays just like always.
If you were around last time I was here let me hear from you. If you are new since then I offer you a belated welcome to the forum.
Wow, jds is the MOD now? sweeeet! 8)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"

Post subject: re: Still love it!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:49 pm 
Field Grade

Hey Hoosier, we are close, as I am in Warsaw. Just bought a SPR310 myself off this form, hopefully will receive early next week at the latest. Can't wait to shoot it!

Just got into shooting clays a couple weeks ago, having not fired a gun in years... I am hooked after having goon to Backforty sporting clays in Bourbon with some friends and a loaned gun. my 16 year old son is now also hooked.

We have an old Wingmaster that will basically be my sons once I get my SPR, and we joined trap league at Kosko here in Warsaw. Where do you shoot?

Glad to hear you like your gun, seem pretty popular/decent gun for the money. My wife wasn't really interested in me spending $1000+ just getting started in this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:44 am 
Limited Edition

Hi Bob2!
Welcome to the BS owners club! Yes, we are close to one another. I haven't been to either of the fields you mentioned. I travel east to St. Joe (S.E. of Auburn). It may be a little farther than you want to travel but if you are in the neighborhood on any weekend, I highly recomend this place http://www.stjoevalleytrapandskeet.com/
I think you will like your SPR310. Read the posts here, Clean / lube it when you get it, and feed it a couple rounds of trap to get broke in. Then when you comfortable, walk over to the skeet stations. :wink:
I will try to spend more time back here at SGW in the future so If you have any questions I might be able to give a hand.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:25 am 
Field Grade

Looks like a very nice club. Kosko is along the same lines but smaller. If you have never done sporting and want to head west, I highly recommend Backforty http://www.backfortysportingclays.com/

They have a wobble trap and 2 ten station courses through the woods, very nice place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:57 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Welcome back home Hoosier O/U. I see your SPR310 made it through the summer without falling apart in your hands as some people here would lead others to believe...:lol: Give us a full report on your shooting progress when you start busting targets in league. Take it easy on those other B gun guys when you are out there busting targets...:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:25 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hoosier O/U,

I'm relatively new here, but I've missed ya... :)

Anyone one who shares their opinions and ideas on a board like this, like you have, is always going to be missed. This site can use more members who enjoy the interaction...

Welcome back!!!

TDC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:40 am 
Limited Edition

Thanks jds and TDC for the welcome back! In my time away from the forum I added a fiber-optic sight and then wound up removing it and putting the original bead on again. I have introduced several "noobies" to clay sports. 3 of whom thought it was a $1500+ gun. I see Remington went to keeping the Baikal name on the gun, very nice, keeps a sence of pride in the OEM. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:50 pm 
Limited Edition

Hey Hoosier! Glad to see ya found your way back! :B3
I have been shooting more than posting, but since the season is winding down here I'll probably be hanging around a little more. I gotta get another 310s so I can be a full card carrying member of the society of BS enthusiasts! (Sold mine this spring, regretted it ever since)
My SPR453 is still humming, over 600 rounds without a cleaning or any issue of any sort. I ran around 7000 rounds through all of my "B" guns this year. Still think the Baikals will hang in with any of them!
Glad to hear the Update on your 310, and welcome back!!

Post subject: Re: re: Still love it!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:51 am 
Limited Edition

Madmark wrote:
Hey Hoosier! Glad to see ya found your way back! :B3
I have been shooting more than posting,

Hey Madmark, I wondered if you were still here, glad you saw my post. All we need is that RC pilot :roll:

Post subject: Re: Still love it!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:36 am 
Limited Edition

Back again!

Like a bad penny...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:22 am 
Limited Edition

Hello Hoosier, and welcome back. I too own an SPR310. I purchased mine in 2007 from Dick's Sporting Goods for $499.00. First thing i did was remove the stock and forearm and did a total strip and refinish, using 15 coats of Tru oil. It went from a plain jane gun to a really pretty one. The dark original finish it had, hid some nicely figured walnut. My son uses it on a regular basis now. It has been a great gun, and I think it was an excellent investment for the money. By the way, mine has a silver receiver with ducks engraved on one side, and pheasant on the other.

Regards,
Joe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:39 am 
Limited Edition

They are pretty nice with a little polishing aren't they! :D
They originaly had 3 models. A blued, a stainless receiver, then your engraved verision.
Mine is the mid level stainless. If I remember right yours ca.e with a. Middle bead fkr the sight as well.
Cheers and that for chiming in!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:20 am 
Utility Grade

I've been looking for a red dot for my Spartan 453 and ways to mount it. Any ideas? Is there more modification to make? Possibly mounting rails, different butt stocks? I would like to make it semi-tactical. Any info and possible links would help out so much. Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:43 pm 
Limited Edition

Hi Hoosier. I’ve been away for a while myself. I had my SPR 310 out Dove hunting last week and it started shooting the lower barrel only. So I’m looking on here to see if there may have been a Post by someone else experiencing this issue.

Gary

Wiggles Sadie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1030

Will Munny
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1031