ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mec Powder bar 28Ga. 1?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:47 am 
Field Grade

I have not, you reckon they still have it? Guess I will give it a shot.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 pm 

Try this copy. The powder hole in that bar is probably equivalent to a #23 or a #24 bushing. I have enclosed a bushing size chart in a link below the chart you asked for.

Link to SGW thread about Mec bushing sizes

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:17 pm 
Field Grade

Here is what MEC told me. PFFTTTTTT

"The old style pre bushing bars should no longer be used as they are very inaccurate from what they were originally set up for over 50 years ago. Information on these bars can no longer be supplied. Powders and the recommended charges have changed enough through the years, which would make these bars obsolete. Most of the old prebushing bars were set for Alcan powders also which are no longer available. Our current style bushing bars can and should be used in all MEC reloaders. We have always informed people selling or obtaining used presses that these type charge bars should no longer be used or traded as they are no longer accurate. On the current style bushings bars the shot side of the bar is still predrilled into the bar while the powder side of the bar is controlled with a powder bushing. The bushing information can be seen on our bushing chart and also is listed on our web site.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us again."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:24 pm 
Field Grade

Curly-Nohair wrote:
Try this copy. The powder hole in that bar is probably equivalent to a #23 or a #24 bushing. I have enclosed a bushing size chart in a link below the chart you asked for.

Link to SGW thread about Mec bushing sizes

That one is better. I did some measuring and seems the powder hole is about the size of a #26 bushing. Now I just need to find a powder that drops the right amount for a 1 oz load in my 20 gauge. Too bad I don't have a mill where I could drill it out and countersink for bushings.

Thanks,

Rosewood