ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CYNERGY CLASSIC TRAP COMBO
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:00 pm 
Field Grade

I saw this on Brownings web site. It looks like a nice package. I have alway had the XT combo's and was thinking about trying one of the Cynergy's. Whats your thoughts and what should I know.

Post subject: re: CYNERGY CLASSIC TRAP COMBO
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:36 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If you already have an XT, I wouldn't consider switching. However, I like the simplicity of the new Cynergy design. As a single it probably doesn't have much advantage over older designs. But as a double, the mechanical triggers are much better.

“Endeavor to clear your mind of can't.” - Francis P. Church

Col 4:6
Hate the ads? Become a Bonus Member, click here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:34 pm 
Field Grade

Why wouldn't you make the switch? I sold my XT and was contemplating witch one to buy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:17 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Well you made my point, you are without a gun. I was thinking that you still had one and I wouldn't sell what I currently had to buy a Cynergy.

If I were looking, I would buy the Cynergy over the XT. I like the lower profile receiver, the mechanical triggers and Monolock hinge. I believe it's just a better design.

“Endeavor to clear your mind of can't.” - Francis P. Church

Col 4:6
Hate the ads? Become a Bonus Member, click here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 pm 
Field Grade

There are a lot of XT combo's at my club, but there isn't any Cynergy's. I think I will get one (if I can find one) and just show up with it. If it is as good as everyone says, I should be very happy. I cant wait to find one. Any suggestions.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:42 pm 
Limited Edition

Here is one listed right here:

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=9935_13769_31_296&products_id=103906

They may not be in stock, but worth a call if you really want one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:09 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks a lot. I called them today and they said they were not getting anymore in for 2 or 3 weeks. That usually turns out to be 6 or 8 weeks. Thats a good buy though. I asked him if I could put my name on a list so when they do come in they could call me first. He said sure can for a 30% non refundable deposit. I said no thanks, I am sure I will find one some where. I just have to be patient. Once again, thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:14 pm 
Field Grade

Just got my Cynergy classic trap combo 32/34 and took it to the range for the first time. Didn't even get it put together and I had a crowd standing around me and was being peppered with questions. After I shot 4 rounds of singles and got the unsingle front sight dialed in, there was a line of people who wanted to try it out. After I shot 3 rounds of doubles, I swear the line was longer !! #1 question after they fired the Cynergy, was where did I get it and the #2 question was where can they find one because nobody has any. My understanding is that more combos 32/34 will be available in July. Most shooters where surprised as to the low recoil, all most all expected more because the gun 'feel light'. Mine weighs in at 8 lbs 14 oz. All I know for sure is that I have never shot a 25 straight at this club, targets are erratic in height, but on the last round of singles, only the last one got away, most were dust balls. I choked !!