Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
519 Posts
I second what instinctive shooter says about the 1 oz load. I load almost the same load only with a Claybuster windjamer wad and 18.5 grains of Clays powder and can consistantly crush targets at all clay games with ease. I have even broke trap targets at 37 yards back. Thats a bird out at the 60 yrd distance. Not hard breaks, but dead targets. It only takes about 3 or 4 pellets to break a clay bird. The only time I change is with Sporting Clays if I have long rabbit targets . Then I switch to 1 1/8 oz of #7 1/2. It does take more then 4 pellets to break a rabbit target.

APEXDUCK

· Registered
519 Posts
Opps forgot to log in !

I would have to agree with instinctive shooter on the topic of cheap shells. Most are not only cheap but low quality. Inconsistant velosity, low quality components, non-reloadable hulls. Cost wise they are attractive, but there is a reason Winchester sells them that cheap. Yes, for casual shooting it may only cost you a bird or two or three. You should still pattern these loads. You will be surpised at how many holes there are in the pattern at 30 yards. I assume these are the 20 rd boxes as well not a full box of 25? This is another marketing angle many of the shell mgfrs have gone to in order to keep the cost of a "box" of shells low.

It all still comes down to if your happy with the shells shoot them. One should realize these bargin shells are not high quality shells but may be cost affective for you.

Good Luck

APEXDUCK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.