Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang just joined up didn't know the sight exsisted till i tried to look up ammo for this beast i bought at the gun-show today.It's a fairly modern piece from H zabala in spain made for Kassner. 32 bbl's f/f, where can i find ammo as it is stamped 3-1/4 on the bbl's. thanks gang Mike.&Ginny.

·
Registered
14,544 Posts
You sure it's not 3-1/2" ? It should be 3-1/2. I had two 10 gauge SxSs. Ma Bell Specials - with the right loads, they will reach out and touch someone. See if you can find some Kent Impact shells. Probably shouldn't put steel thru those Full chokes.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Virginian is correct. The most common "short" 10ga shell was the 2 7/8". However, some loder European guns had 3" and even 4" chambers back in the BP days.

To my knowlege, only RST, Fiocchi(not out yet) and Hull are offering 10ga 3 1/2" non-tox ammo that is not steel these days. Be prepaired to spend about $3-4 a shot for them.

There is still some federal Polymer-Tungston out there but it was only made in #5 & #6 shot. In short, if you want to shoot the big gun, you need to look into reloading.

·
Registered
811 Posts
No, do not run steel through those chokes. If you are going to shoot much of the 10ga, you will want to reload. Buy some Nice Shot, or Bismuth. expensive, but the Nice Shot really works.

The 10ga really makes a good duck gun. Can load anywhere from the 3.5" big boy down to 2 5/8" shells. A good 1 1/4 or 1 3/8's really puts it on those ducks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts