Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on another forum, thought some of you might like to see it:

CobraR6 said:
Pa now wants you to register all your guns within the state, and tax you $10 per gun per year. They also want each gun owner finger printed and to have a back round check. You will get a registration card for each firearm and it must be carreid with the firearm at all times. "Any gun that registration is denied for would then be confiscated by the state police."
This is getting rediculous. I was just on the phone with the governors office to tell the what I think of their new proposal. This is just the first step in getting rid of them all together. If you live in Pa call and let them know. Even if you don't, call anyway!

Gov. Rendell: 717-787-2500
Senator Eichelberger: 717-787-5490 He is keeping track of the calls that come in

http://www.wtajtv.com/news/local/6732721.html

EVERY GUN OWNER NEEDS TO JOIN THE NRA!!!!

·
Registered
17,973 Posts
sdkidaho said:
Found this on another forum, thought some of you might like to see it:

CobraR6 said:
Pa now wants you to register all your guns within the state, and tax you $10 per gun per year. They also want each gun owner finger printed and to have a back round check. You will get a registration card for each firearm and it must be carreid with the firearm at all times. "Any gun that registration is denied for would then be confiscated by the state police."
This is getting rediculous. I was just on the phone with the governors office to tell the what I think of their new proposal. This is just the first step in getting rid of them all together. If you live in Pa call and let them know. Even if you don't, call anyway!

Gov. Rendell: 717-787-2500
Senator Eichelberger: 717-787-5490 He is keeping track of the calls that come in

http://www.wtajtv.com/news/local/6732721.html

EVERY GUN OWNER NEEDS TO JOIN THE NRA!!!!
My friend (who lives in NYC) was telling me that they pay something like $300/year to have a handgun.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hmmm, whoever came up with this bill should be shot!

Ok, maybe not.

Seriously though, gun enthusiasts really need to join together, or this is the type of legislation they are going to pass. It sickens me that they would consider options like these. People that attain guns from the black market illegally and use them for crime will STILL attain guns illegally and use them for crime. Basically the only thing this legislation will do is force people who own and use guns for recreational purposes to jump through hoops and give them excuses to take our guns away...you know....cuz we are the ones causing all the problems. If they keep tightening the belt one notch at a time, eventually its going to cost so much to own a gun or be such a pain that the number of people who legally own guns will decline, and then people who want to commit crime will STILL have access to guns, we will just have fewer guns to protect ourselves. What a bunch of crock.

I am glad I live in Kansas.......Most homes out here in rural America have more guns than people. Maybe we will see issues like this here in the future. For now, we all need to do what we can to stop this type of legislation, it won't take much for them to get the ball rolling and then we will all be stuck with these laws. If anything, they should pass laws to keep guns out of the hands of legislators.....don't want another cheney incident.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
OK - I've spent the afternoon writing to my state rep and state senator and the members of the senate game and fisheries committee. I've only heard back from Sen John Pippy who said he opposes the bill.

Just an update - Sen Jane Orie (R) and Rep Don Walko (D) also both oppose this crap. Two more for the good guys.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i don't know. personally i think it's a great idea! next i hope they ask me to keep my gun at the police station and come sign it out to use it. or maybe i have to call them and ask permission before i can come and use it. better yet, they limit me to 1 gun and i have to pay to have it and they come and make sure i have it once a month. or maybe put a camera viewing it to make sure i don't take it down and handle it without permission. cool! next maybe they'll put cameras in our bedroom and tell me if i'm doing thing legally during sex! what a great idea. who needs the stinkin nra! the government would never consider steping on our constitutional rights. so don't worry, it'll be ok, just let them do what they want. don't raise a fuss over such things. :evil:

·
Banned
30,315 Posts
At ten bucks a gun per year, I'd be in real trouble. :lol:

Honestly, though, guys like me would get pissed off and pay the bucks and keep the guns. Like most things liberals do, this is directed at the poor old working man, who's trying to make a living.

There has to be a very hot spot in hell reserved for the government officials who even think about taxing the working people of this country for insanity like gun control. There should be punishment in this world, but unfortunately the NRA can't get every one of them.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
jeepguy said:
i or maybe put a camera viewing it to make sure i don't take it down and handle it without permission.
Just think - Iran and North Korea could process nuclear material easier than you and I could use a single shot .410 or .22 rifle!!

As I said in my letters today - the only one this is going to hurt is the law abiding sportsman. The gangbanger isn't going to register his gun because he knows he'll never pass the background check and seriously - what's a summary offense to someone like that if he gets caught anyway??

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
All the UK based members should watch this closely too. We already have our guns registered and passport style pics on our licences.

Those morons on The Gun Control Network probably monitor these forums already - I would if I was them - and they would love this idea.

Politically it's not a big leap from where we are right now but for us potentially on the receiving end it could be a major pain if the idea migrates in our direction....

·
Registered
409 Posts
See my post in the East-Central forum, if you live in the Philly area, we can use all the support we can get.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
How about we vote out the traitors that sponsored this bill next time they're up for re-election. I know its a long shot considering they all come from liberal urban districts, but here is a list of them anyway:

Angel Cruz (D) - District 180 - Philadelphia County
http://www.pahouse.com/cruz/

Rosita Youngblood (D) - District 198 - Philadelphia County
http://www.pahouse.com/youngblood/
By the way - she is on the Veterns Affairs Committee (our vetern's fight for our rights and she's trying to take them away) and the Agricultural & Rural Affairs Committee (Being from the city - I'm sure can add alot of value to that committee :twisted: )

Cherelle Parker (D) - District 200 - Philadelphia County
http://www.pahouse.com/parker/

Jake Wheatley (D) - District 19 - Allegheny County
http://www.pahouse.com/wheatley/

Lisa Bennington (D) - District 21 - Allegheny County
http://www.pahouse.com/bennington/

Lawrence Curry (D) - District 154 - Philadelphia & Montgomery County
http://www.pahouse.com/curry/

·
Registered
41 Posts
Trickster said:
All the UK based members should watch this closely too.....

Politically it's not a big leap from where we are right now but for us potentially on the receiving end it could be a major pain if the idea migrates in our direction....
Trickster - Too late, a UK shotgun certificate costs £50/5yrs, that's about $20/ year, with an average of 2.5 shotguns held on each licence, that makes it $8 per shotgun per year.

John

·
Registered
111 Posts
Don't laugh. The Jack-*** Premier of Quebec wants semi-auto guns stored at gun clubs. That way, the crooks won't have to work as hard to steal them, nor the government to confiscate them. :twisted:

jeepguy said:
i don't know. personally i think it's a great idea! next i hope they ask me to keep my gun at the police station and come sign it out to use it. or maybe i have to call them and ask permission before i can come and use it. better yet, they limit me to 1 gun and i have to pay to have it and they come and make sure i have it once a month. or maybe put a camera viewing it to make sure i don't take it down and handle it without permission. cool! next maybe they'll put cameras in our bedroom and tell me if i'm doing thing legally during sex! what a great idea. who needs the stinkin nra! the government would never consider steping on our constitutional rights. so don't worry, it'll be ok, just let them do what they want. don't raise a fuss over such things. :evil:

·
Registered
936 Posts
i'm just glad a bill like this would help protect our safety. it would be good to know which criminals have guns and which ones don't! this would really help the police out when they go to arrest a suspect. "john doe doesn't have a gun, see he's not registere and isn't paying a tax for one so we are safe, helk we could just leave our guns in the car". yep, i see it as a real benefit indeed. stupid lawmakers. :!:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Well just when you couldn't think the lawmakers from my state couldn't get any dumber - check out this thread on the gun control forum

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=98964

It seems they want to confiscate and prohibit the transfer of all "Assault Weapons" . . . . Guess what will qualify as an "Assault Weapon"? Amoung other things - anything with a thumbhole stock would be one. These people really do not have a clue. :evil:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think the lawmakers should not only pick on gunowners. They should register people with knife collections and those with a set of golf clubs. Maybe those that own tire wrenches. Maybe baseball bats. Haven't these all been used to kill someone at one time or another? deckart

·
Registered
129 Posts
deckart said:
I think the lawmakers should not only pick on gunowners. They should register people with knife collections and those with a set of golf clubs. Maybe those that own tire wrenches. Maybe baseball bats. Haven't these all been used to kill someone at one time or another? deckart
Golf clubs have probly caused more suicides than guns have killed in murders. HATE that game. :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts