Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the hammer break on my Diamond Grade unsingle 101, I could still shoot but removing the hull with my fingernail was getting to be a drag.. I found a new one with spring and spring guide and read up on everything I could find about making the change. All the information indicated that the hammer has to be timed for proper operation. I first put the new hammer in with no modifications........ worked just fine. I then used the broken hammer as a guide and modified the new one to duplicate the original..... works just fine. Matter of fact I can see no difference........ Just what is the timing supposed to accomplish? Maybe its working and I just don't know what to look for..... Larry

·
Registered
8,552 Posts
The timing is probably in the sear trip adjustment for the ejector, not the ejector hammer itself. This adjustment is done with a file or stone on most guns. If your gun works perfectly, you are just going to have to live with it. We all have our crosses to bear. :D

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just went to the gun room and checked, it is "firing" at the last final bit of opening.... sounds like its working correctly, I can see if it tried to throw it early you would have a mess.....
Thanks all for the info............ Larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.