Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen the Competition Master in person, but I was wanting to get a new autoloader and want to know which would be better to get and more reliable?

I know the 11-87P has a shorter barrel than the Comp Master so leave that part out. What would or does make one or the other a better shotgun to have for just out blasting targets?

Thanks

Troy

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The competition master was only cataloged for a year if I remember right. The 11-87P is a law enforcement model that sometimes shows up on the civilian market. The 11-87P is optomized to shoot real life type ammuntion as in the heavy buckshot and slugs including three inch. I would not be surprised if it had functioning problems with light birdshot loads, but might work ok with the 3 1/4 dram promotion loads often found on the retailers shelves. I would think the competiton master would work better with lighter loads. Since it was only made for a year I would think it would hold its value better.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I don't have an 11-87 but I do have an 1100CM and Winchester Practical. I've heard from people who have both the 1100 and the 11-87 that they think the 11-87 didn't result in a better gun than the 1100, but I don't have any personal basis for understanding that. If you want magnum loads, the 11-87 should be good for that. I agree with the other poster that the 1100CM might be better for lighter loads (and just fine with 00 Buck). I like my 1100CM a lot. You might also consider the Winchester SX2 Practical Mk 1 and the FN SLP (also a Win SX2), I have both of these and they're awesome guns.

Winchester Super X2 Practical Mk I - 9-shot capacity

FN SLP (Self Loading Police) - based on Winchester SX2 - 7-shot capacity

If I had to pick a favorite between my 1100CM, Win SX2 Practical, and FN SLP it would be a hard choice, they're all really nice in different ways. I like the capacity of the 1100CM and the Practical, but the short length of the SLP is nice too. In the real world, you can't have it all in one item. Easiest to find would be the Winny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.