Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello dear friends I purchased a 12g sxs shotgun and im extremely confused, the barrel has verney carron -canons sign but the markings are italian proof house is gardone, probably a gun maker had a deal with verney on barrels because they produce barrels for other companies, again pure italian markings , the numbers are matching and they are all over the gun parts pretty much on every bigger part of the gun , looking at the firing pins they are pretty much the same as perazzi and the block system is somewhere between perazzi and beretta , i send an email with pictures to pretty much every gun maker in gardone but no response, if anybody knows something that would be great !
Wood Bicycle part Natural material Metal Fashion accessory

Bumper Automotive exterior Tints and shades Auto part Rectangle

Natural material Wood Bicycle part Close-up Metal

Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Tints and shades

Wood Rectangle Material property Tints and shades Automotive exterior

Sculpture Art Grey Headgear Automotive design

Air gun Trigger Office supplies Wood Shotgun
Tin Rectangle Artifact Nickel Silver

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
It is not unusual to have an Italian shotgun, prominently showing the steel or tube maker on the barrels of their guns.
You don't show a picture of the action water table.
The three stars logo may well be the maker's mark, but I don't know it.
Did you try a Google image search of that mark?

·
Registered
Too many
369 Posts
I wouldn’t go by that. Different importers will have a manufacturer make subtle changes in a shotgun to make it “their own”. All of this of course comes down to price. That action looks very much like a Fausti. Has Drew chimed in?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
On the block housings i dont have pins the block is solid without any pins or screws , fausti puts pins on the outside
Boki,

The date code "AE" within a box = 1979. The three STARS stamped on the barrel flats is a
maker's mark. Interestingly, your gun has the mark stamped in triplicate. There were/are three different Gardone area firms that have employed a STAR as their maker's mark. While such use among different firms is unusual, it may be a case of generational usage. The firms to which the STAR is registered are Enrico Salvinelli, Giovanni Salvinelli and Mario Salvinelli . This could represent three generations of family gunmakers, each with their own firm.

Enrico's usage appears to have the STAR accompanied by the name E. Salvinelli Armi and Gardone VT stamped elsewhere on the barrel flats or frame. Giovanni Salvinelli employed a stand-alone STAR. Mario Salvinelli F.llo appears to have stamped the stylized letters "MS" preceding the STAR mark. At least one example of Giovanni's STAR shows what appears to be a smaller star within a larger one as per the marks on your gun. FWIW, three members of the Salvinelli family (brothers) currently own and operate Investarm Srl.

The proof marks are the usual: The shield with the crossed rifles is the mark of the Gardone Proof House. PSF under a star within a cogged wheel = normal smokeless proof pressure of 1,080-1,020 Bar. The FINITO under a star within a cogged wheel = final proof for a firearm ready for sale.

The lock-up and lumps of your gun is a bit different and resembles that of some Fabarm models. Please post some photos showing a side view of the monobloc and also of the
watertable.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Here's what I see.
Sarco is the importer. Sarco mistakenly identified the country of origin, based on the maker's identifying the steel or tube maker on their gun.
Every original mark on the gun points to manufacture in Italy.

·
Registered
Too many
369 Posts
I’ve owned several Sarco guns. They get some nice stuff at times but mostly not. They come in giant wooden boxes filled to the top with anything you can imagine. Most come from Israel believe it or not. Supposedly they’re confiscated guns. Hard to say what will show up. You got a nice one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Boki,

The date code "AE" within a box = 1979. The three STARS stamped on the barrel flats is a
maker's mark. Interestingly, your gun has the mark stamped in triplicate. There were/are three different Gardone area firms that have employed a STAR as their maker's mark. While such use among different firms is unusual, it may be a case of generational usage. The firms to which the STAR is registered are Enrico Salvinelli, Giovanni Salvinelli and Mario Salvinelli . This could represent three generations of family gunmakers, each with their own firm.

Enrico's usage appears to have the STAR accompanied by the name E. Salvinelli Armi and Gardone VT stamped elsewhere on the barrel flats or frame. Giovanni Salvinelli employed a stand-alone STAR. Mario Salvinelli F.llo appears to have stamped the stylized letters "MS" preceding the STAR mark. At least one example of Giovanni's STAR shows what appears to be a smaller star within a larger one as per the marks on your gun. FWIW, three members of the Salvinelli family (brothers) currently own and operate Investarm Srl.

The proof marks are the usual: The shield with the crossed rifles is the mark of the Gardone Proof House. PSF under a star within a cogged wheel = normal smokeless proof pressure of 1,080-1,020 Bar. The FINITO under a star within a cogged wheel = final proof for a firearm ready for sale.

The lock-up and lumps of your gun is a bit different and resembles that of some Fabarm models. Please post some photos showing a side view of the monobloc and also of the
watertable.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi
What is interesting on the wood i found G stamped, almost every part of the gun has a serial number on it and it’s matching perfectly, so basically you think that giovanni is the gun maker?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After couple of days searching online i posted pictures on Facebook on the page sxs guns and directly from italy a Italian guy Danilo told me what is the name of the gun maker , its guerini pintossi by lorezno guerini , he was one of the only ones that used verney carron barrels, the only problem is i dont know the model, there is nothing about it online , only about o/u, i checked a lot of pictures online there is absolutely no sxs like this one , he thinks that is model cigno but that model used triple locking system and this is only double, if anybody knows something about this gun maker please let me know and is that part of guerini arms? Tnx.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts