Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much fitting , in general , should be expected in changing a set of barrels . Dimensionally are the monoblocs of an Invector and an Invector Plus equivalent ? i.e., would a receiver for the older series Browning not accept an Invector Plus barrel set ?

·
Premium Member
20,281 Posts
It's been my experience that they don't interchange...... even between identical models. Occasionally you might be lucky and get a set to interchange, but it's certainly the exception rather than the rule. Cheaper to just buy a new gun.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
421----it isn't one of those things that are accepted behaviour :wink: :lol: but it can and is done often.

I took three new 425's and swapped barrels between the receivers on all, and could find no reason to worry about them in any form, all locked up solid with no measureable differences in barrel/mono/receiver fit.

However---it is fairly rare to find two guns that have been used extensively and them fit well, which may be due to owners use and abuse.

Now all that said, I think the guns/barrels in question would dictate the amount of fitment needed. And the expertise of the machinest and familiarity with that particular gun. Sometimes, it only requires work on the forend iron to make the match work.

Of course, closure tolerance and lockup are the important/technical considerations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.