Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking a while now. I sold my BPS over the summer with the plan to upgrade.
I've got plans for pheasant hunts and need a new shotgun.
I think I want a 20 gauge: less recoil, lighter to carry.
I love the Beretta, but can't find a 20 gauge A300. Maybe they don't make them?
Is there another semi in this price range I should look at? Not sure about the Turkish guns. I've heard so many bad things.
I'm in Sheridan, WY, are the Weatherbys any good? I know they are "assembled" here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,918 Posts
Take a look at the Tristar Viper G2, really good gun. I have the 16 Ga version.

cdb

Reactions: BKS and calpik

·
Registered
166 Posts
20g while lighter than a 12g didn't necessarily equal less recoil.
My 20g recoils just as much.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Been looking a while now. I sold my BPS over the summer with the plan to upgrade.
Is there another semi in this price range I should look at? Not sure about the Turkish guns. I've heard so many bad things.
I'm in Sheridan, WY, are the Weatherbys any good? I know they are "assembled" here.

Bass Pro Shop and Cabelas have the Beretta A300 Ultima in 12 or 20 gauge for on line order for750$…from placing the order to pick up was only 4 days…I’ve had my 20 gauge Ultima since September…
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Hardwood

·
Registered
365 Posts
Never heard of this one. I'll look into it, thanks.

Same gun as the Tristar Viper G2. Made by the Turkish company Armsan.

The A300 Ultima best fits the criteria you’re looking for. Has a lot of bells and whistles for a $750 price tag. An A300 Outlander can be purchased in black for around $650
The Mossberg 930 and 935 are options in 12 gauge for around $500 to $600.
The Mossberg sa-20/ Tristar Viper G2 in 20 gauge (Tristar also offered in 12 gauge). Lots of members like them. My personal experience with the Sa-20 wasn’t as glowing. Price around $550
Winchester SX4 12 or 20 gauge. Soft shooting and reliable. Priced around $800
If you don’t mind a short LOP, the compact Weatherby Sa-08 in 20 gauge is a good option as well. Price around $550
There’s also several good options in the used market for that budget.
Winchester SX2, or SX3.
Browning gold
Beretta 390/3901
Remington VersaMax, 1100, or 1187
All soft shooting 12 gauges that can be had for your budget.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recently bought a Tristar Raptor in 20 ga. for the Grand kids to shoot some backyard traps when they come to visit. I was pleasantly surprised how well it shot, must fit me well. Paid about $390 from some outfit in Kentucky. Other than the initial break in which requires heavy loads and I have none, has operated flawlessly. If you don't mind ugly you could have both gauges for less than $800. Since you will only be using them for hunting and mostly carried I would think they would last a long time.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts

Try one of these from Weatherby. They stand behind their products.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts