Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many 1200 3 in. Winchter were made befor they became the 1300 line. I have never seen one until today.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had heard of them but have never seen one. I have a 1200 standard since 1969, still used, but updated with Winchoke vent rib barrel, cut down to 24" and twin beaded. Good for anything that comes along: dove, quail, turkey, deer, skeet, trap and sporting clays fast. I would have died to have been able to get a 3" chamber.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought one new in 1968 and still have it! It came with a 30" full choke barrel and looks identical to the standard 1200 except marked 3" magnum on the barrel.

It has been from the cornfields in Maryland to the cedar swamps of Maine and has never jammed or failed to fire!

I prefer it to any of the Remingtons or Mossbergs that I have or have sold! It will be in my inventory as an old reiable until I die then the boys can figure out what to do with it.

Ken

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
i used to do warranty repair when the 1200 came out. i never could figure why they discontinued the 3" gun so quickly. the 1200-1300 series has the strongest action of any shotgun, capable of handling up to 40,000psi! (according to wincheater). the newest wincheater pump is actually a very well made arm, the gunmaker has nothing to do with the ammo maker (thank goodness).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.