Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Hey Demo, just curious about your sig. The first line says you want to protect 2nd Amendment rights, but you follow that with what seems to be a desire to renew Brady, renew the AWB, and the thing about the gunshow loophole. I suppose if I squint my eyes just right I can see how the first point might apply, and maybe the 3rd. The thing about the AWB doesn't seem to mesh too well with what one usually considers "Protect[ing] Second Amendment Rights". Perhaps you could clear up this seeming discrepancy for me.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You do know the federal AW ban is a bunch of crap, and the gun show loophole has been closed for years, right?

And what he's doing is legal. The only thing illegal is if you used the barrel without the right permits.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Full-auto weapons (machine guns) have been basically illegal since the 1930's. Not a single weapon banned by the federal "assault weapons" ban is a machine gun. I have "assault weapon" in quotes because the legal definition of "assault weapon" basically is any gun that looks scary.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Demo,

A few things... First you can only order it if you already own a Class 3 Shotgun with a 14" barrel. It states that in the ad.

Second, The AW ban is a joke. The only reason that the Poloticians can claim success is because they fail to mention that along with the 8% drop in assault weapons violence, crime as a whole had a 18% - 22% drop.

You see, the problem is not with guns, if you "Uninvented" the firearm, humans would kill eachother with Bow and arrow, remove that we have swords and axes. Destroy the sword and axe, we always have rocks.....This is something that has been proven time and time again. There are murders in prisons every day, but they don't have guns. The human brain is the only iem needed to create violence.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Guardian said:
Demo,

A few things... First you can only order it if you already own a Class 3 Shotgun with a 14" barrel. It states that in the ad.

Second, The AW ban is a joke. The only reason that the Poloticians can claim success is because they fail to mention that along with the 8% drop in assault weapons violence, crime as a whole had a 18% - 22% drop.

You see, the problem is not with guns, if you "Uninvented" the firearm, humans would kill eachother with Bow and arrow, remove that we have swords and axes. Destroy the sword and axe, we always have rocks.....This is something that has been proven time and time again. There are murders in prisons every day, but they don't have guns. The human brain is the only iem needed to create violence.
This is what it says on the ad: "No License needed for purchase." I assume he's talking about an FFL.

Ebay doesn't allow the sale of firearms and/or related, head on over to gunbroker.com instead.

But when he says all NFA rules apply, it's up to the seller to stay out of trouble. I'm pretty sure he will sell it to the higher bidder and if you take that barrel and replace your current 20" barrel on the shotgun you bought last week, you're a bigger fool than me. :D

G

·
You can buy a short barrelled gun barrell without paying an NFA tax stamp. You cannot install it on a non NFA gun without filling out the paperwork and paying the $5 stamp. Well.... You can but that wouldn't be a wise choice.

Fully automatic guns are not illegal in the USA and to the best of my knowledge never have been. What is required to buy a machine gun is ATF paperwork and paying the $200 tax stamp. The only thing that has been legislated in the past 20 years is the no new manufacture for civilians after 86'.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
But when he says all NFA rules apply, it's up to the seller to stay out of trouble. I'm pretty sure he will sell it to the higher bidder and if you take that barrel and replace your current 20" barrel on the shotgun you bought last week, you're a bigger fool than me. :D
I've heard tell that possession of a NFA part (short barrel, full-auto trigger parts, ect) along with a non-NFA firearm can result in a conspiracy charge. Example: If I own an AR15, possession of a short barrel is a no-no unless I also own a registered SBR. The same thing applies to full-auto parts. It would also work if you had a post ban AR15 and a pre-ban configured upper but didn't own a pre-ban rifle as well. How's that, clear as mud?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i inquired about the 121/2 inch mossberg barrel from them & they gave me the run around about the state I live in not allowing NFA weapons, it is true WA does not allow MG's, SBS & SBR's, but it does allow AOW's.
I am wanting to make a 590 into a AOW with around a 12-14 inch barrel.
essential they wont sell the barrel to me, unless im a dealer & they gave me the price of a complete AOW, which I dont want, as they want $575 for it.

quote "In the past BATF has not allowed private citizens to convert pistol shotguns into AOWs. Only Class 2 manufacturers are allowed to do that. Private citizens are allowed to build all other NFA fireams except for machine guns, which currently are banned from manufacture for private sale. If we build an AOW for you, we must ship it to a Class 2 or 3 in your state. Our basic Mossberg 12 GA blued Cruiser converted to 12 1/2" retails for $575."

but if you read their legaleze
quote "Privately Building NFA Firearms: Provided there are no state or local restrictions, you can build your own NFA firearm if you receive prior approval from BATF on a tax paid Form 1. Along with the Form 1, you must include fingerprint cards, law enforcement endorsement, and a drawing of the firearm. Machine guns will not be approved. Only suppressors, short barrel shotguns, short barrel rifles, and AOWs will be approved. In all cases, the tax will be $200 per firearm. Once approved, they will be treated as any other fully transferable NFA firearm."

in WA state you cannot be in possession of parts to make a MG, SBR, SBS, it doesnt say anything about AOW parts, the difference between SBS & AOW is a fine line, parts wise, but I think if you had the ATF approval & then received the parts it would be hard for them to say otherwise (as i recall the ATF has ruled inthe past that just having the parts not assembled is not a violation, as unassembled it is not a firearm, of course local laws apply), just my 2 cents worth

so far im not to impressed with Paladin Armory, they never did give me the price of just the dam barrel

·
Registered
356 Posts
Unless you have the licenses and such, an 18" barrel is as short as a civilian can go. I'm a cop and can't buy one without all of the paperwork, and I'd have to give it up if I left police work.

As for sig line, there is no gun show loophole. It is a media created myth. FFL holders still have to follow all of the federal/state regs when selling a gun at a gun show.

The AWB has not reduced crime in the slightest degree. The only thing that it does is keep law abiding folks from owning true capacity magazines.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gentlemen:

I simply asked a question? My signature is merely used to promote debate and does not expressly imply my personal opinion. Thank you!

Demonstrator
Democrat
Demolition
Demotion
Demons
Demoralize

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Combat effective. You are a master of the obvious. Thank you again for restating Mr. Weaver's interaction with the FBI was entrapment. I think we all learned a lot from the original question.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.