Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been asked by a friend to see if I could find out any history (where the shotgun was made and what year and a possible current value). This shotgun is in excellent condition and is a 16 gauge pump Browning that says Ranger on the trigger housing and behind that a horse's head with a man sitting behind the head. Serial number is 4910

Also a box of 16 Gauge shells with paper hulls. on the brass is "sears" on the box says sold only by montgomery wards (the box is red and white) 25 to a box but there are only 23 left so it's 2 short.

Thank you for any assistance. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had some things to add and some corrections:

It actually says Browning patent then under that 16 gauge proof tested

at the bottom of the ejector reads: C4916 with another 4 under the C4

where the barrel fastens to the ejector has a 5 with a circle around it and underneath says full

the shell box says redhead (in red) reliance (in green) shotshells 16 gauge

redhead exclusive with montgomery ward

thanks

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Odds are it's a Stevens 620. It was designed by John Browning notice the "humpback" on the reciever?

It was made from 1927 - 1953 but I do not know what years Stevens contracted with Sears to make it.

According to the Bluebook the values are as follows'
Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$275 $240 $215 $180 $160 $135 $100

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply. Yes it has the humback as you mentioned. Anywhere you can direct me that I may read up on this shotgun?

Also any value to these old shotgun shells?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
57 Posts
depending on the condition of the box, since that is worth more than the shells. if it isnt all frayed up and since your only 2 shells short. you might get $15 to $20?

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I don't know of any place that ould really have a bunch of info. You could go to Walmart and grab a copy o the Gun Traders Guide. There's 3-4 lines in there about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts