Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across this rifle and I wanted to make an offer, but first need to get opioions on price. It is in pretty good condition, all the movements seem fine, no rust wood stock and forearm are sound. Not interested in shooting it, just a cool firearm.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The information you've given is insufficient to I.D. what you're looking at. Its sort of like asking how much you should pay for a used Ford without stating the year, model, options,
mileage and condition. All of those factors affect the value.

1904 ? The earliest Marlin pump .22 cal R.F. rifle that I'm aware of is the Model 18 produced from 1906 thru 1909. The profile resembles that of the Winchester Model 1890. "Book" values run from $80.-(Poor) up to $550.-(Exc.). Models 20, 25, 29, 37 and 47 resemble the Model 18 but, may differ in .22 cal. R.F. chambering, magazine tube, stock, forearm and barrel. Some were fitted with octagonal barrels and others were takedown. Once the model and condition are established, check the on-line auctions for recent actual prices PAID for similar models.

Post some clear, close-up photos of the markings on the barrel together with good pics of the frame, magazine tube and wood. Or, at least tell us what markings are on the barrel
(model, patent dates or other identifying markings).

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.