Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i should share some pictures with you of my new Auto 5! I found alot of interesting information here, and when I have wanted a straight stock since the first time i saw pictures of one. It's An 1922 12/65 with a straigh stock. I'm from norway, and there's not alot of Auto 5's for sale, and the ones that are fore sale are usually quite rough. This is the first A5 with english stock that I have seen for sale here. I don't really need another shotgun, but I couldn't resist this one :D

So here are some pictures

The stock has some scars and the checkering is worn, but the overall condition isn't to bad considering the age :D it is numbered to the gun.

The buttstock is hollowed

Original buttplate, type two

The forend is the only part not original to the gun, but it's actually older than the gun! around 20 000 It had two quite bad cracks that i glued, doesn't look to good, but atleast it's in one piece and functional.

sling swivels

the original spring was still on the gun. square spring. friction piece and spring were also in place.

barrel markings shows it's a 65mm chamber. Haven't measured the chamber, might have been modified to 70mm (2 3/4). The previous owner sold it as a 70mm, so it has probably been shot with 70mm cartriges. It's choked full, barrel lenght 28".

And a picture from the first rock ptarmigan hunt with the gun :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's Rudolph! Quite happy with the find my self :) The gun is a bit lighter than my 1970 A5. I have not weighed them, but i would guess 0,5 Kg between the two. The hollowed stock and 2" barrel lenght makes most of the difference i guess. put the 30" barrel on this one, and it feels a bit front heavy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.