Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a line on a 12 gauge from that year. I'm considering cutting the barrel down to make it a HD gun. It's got a polychoke on the end of it (which I'm not a fan of), and the price is very reasonable.

Before I do anything to it, am I cutting up something that should not be cut up? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, in terms of replacing barrels, I know there are certain barrels that are not interchangeable with models with S/N less than 855,000. How can I tell if a barrel is compatible with this 1941 gun?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of your replies.

OK, Plan B. No longer considering cutting it down. I understand this will soon be a collectors item. The gun is in need of refinishing and bluing - but especially the furniture needs refinishing. If I refinish it and have it reblued will that significantly lower the collector value of it?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I received the gun today. I was led to believe that the furniture was in need of refinishing. I am not going to do a thing to this gun! Probably the best $299 I've ever spent.

Receiver and barrel serial numbers match (1941). Stock looks brand new; the butt plate doesn't fit it though (the butt plate is about 1/16" too small). The poly choke works very smoothly. The pump action is smooth, but tight. I'm going to put a new Ithaca Sunburst recoil pad on it

Watch Revolver Wood Musical instrument Metal

Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gas Gun accessory

Wood Tool Gas Bumper Auto part

Wood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Font Gas

Trigger Wood Air gun Office equipment Shotgun

Wood Motor vehicle Shotgun Gas Bumper

Flowerpot Plant Wood Automotive tire Gas

Hand Leg Wood Textile Flooring

1 - 4 of 4 Posts