Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have been looking at a few A5s. I have always wanted one, a local shop has this one for $695 but something doesn't sit well with me. Every A5 I have ever seen has a luster or polish blue with the bolt and carrier in the white- this one has a more matt blue- including the bolt and carrier. Plain round barrel no rib or anything. serial number 1G 29XXX. Overall its in excellent shape, only wear to some high spots

Is it worth it? is it a refinished gun?

Attachments

·
Registered
28,041 Posts
Looks like a matte reblue to me on the bolt and shell elevator. However, that doesn't affect what is called "shooting value." The edge wear to the reciever is often called 'honest carry' wear. IF mechanically sound, seems like a good shooter.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
It does look re-blued. If you want it offer $500 and walk away if they won't take it.
What is the choke?
Any decent A5 is well north of $1000 now.
I bought what is known as the American Browning (16 ga. solid rib, IC Choke) several years ago. Basically a Browning marked A5 made by Remington. I am totally satisfied with it and it was 1/2 the price of a Belgium made gun.

Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are interested I have a New In Box , never fired Browing A5. You can contact me for details if you are interested..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts