Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I figured out that my "new" used wingmaster was made in 1979. It does not say use only 2 3/4 shells or anything along those lines on the receiver.

It has no barrel, and I would like to know if they all at that point are tested for 2 3/4" shells as well as 3", or just 2 3/4" so I'll know what kind of barrels to look for.

Can you guys help?

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
11,366 Posts
What is the serial number? Include all the numbers. Some of us will chime in with an answer. The alpha digits are what is important. The numerical digits are not really necessary.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You have a 2 3/4" receiver. You can use any barrel, but with 2 3/4" shells only.

This is not tragic. I shot maybe 7K shells last year through my 870s, and maybe 20 were 3" maggie numbs.

Get a barrel and go shoot yours. It's a fine shotgun...

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
patrick_ford said:
So I figured out that my "new" used wingmaster was made in 1979. It does not say use only 2 3/4 shells or anything along those lines on the receiver.

It has no barrel, and I would like to know if they all at that point are tested for 2 3/4" shells as well as 3", or just 2 3/4" so I'll know what kind of barrels to look for.

Can you guys help?

Thanks,

Patrick
:idea: So what happened to the barrel? :?
The usually including with the package when you buy a new gun. :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought it used, and the previous owner decided he wanted to keep it, hence the " 'new' used " description I gave it.

I think I want to first get a short 18 1/2" barrel, but I want to find a Remington barrel one instead of a Mossberg. Other than that, I was hoping to find a 26-28" barrel with interchangable chokes.

Thanks for helping me figure out the limits of this gun. The stocks are beautiful and look much better than my express.

Patrick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.