Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy an over under gun and dont know what to buy. I am thinking of a Verona Lx502, Lanber# 2087 or a Traditions Field Hunter by Fausti sold at Walmart. Any advice would be usefull. It will be used for general hunting and some clays. Thanks[/b]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I myself just picked up my first gun as well, a Beretta 12 ga whitewing o/u with 28" barrels. Do a search on this site for each of the brands you mentioned. You'll probably find comments on each.
From what I have read, it seems people are somewhat divided on the lower-end guns, like Lanber. Some say they're junk, others say they're just as good as the more expensive stuff. I didn't know who was right, and I still don't. That's why I was extremely hesitant to buy a gun made by someone I've never heard of.
When I started looking, the piece of advice I took to heart was to look towards a proven maker. Beretta and Browning were recommended as good choices for a good gun at a low price.

Anyway, I was patient and did an extensive amount of looking. The right deal came along and I got my whitewing for $800. For a bigger name like Beretta or Browning, I wouldn't expect to pay much less than that, unless the gun is in so-so shape. If that price range is OK for you, those are the makers I'd look at. If that's too much, if you don't want to spend more than, say, $500, then your options are pretty limited. Check out gunbroker.com, there are sometimes some good deals on there; but you have to be patient. I watched the auctions for 2 months before the one I wanted popped up.

Anyway, look, I'm no gun expert by any means. I have looked around quite a bit and have learned a bit about prices and such, at least enough to comment a little on them. These are just my opinions, and everyone's got 'em.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I have a Fausti Traditions 20ga from Wally-World and love it. So does my daughter who shoots rather well with it.

I also own a Browning Citori Hunter Grade 1 12ga. I went to the range this past weekend and came the closest I've ever gotten to a 25 in skeet with it. The Browning was $400 more than the Fausti but I'll keep them both. Both are worth the money spent.

Good luck on the search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.