Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello....Where can I obtain a couple of boxes of 12 ga. 2 1/2" or 2 5/8" shotgun shells..any size shot 6 thru 9..?? Edited by: lanesr37 at: 2/17/03 12:24:42 pm

·
Registered
96 Posts
I thought that Eley still made them, but I find nothing on their website about producing ANY shotshells at this point. I will continue to dig to see if any european manufacturers are still producing them.Please do not shoot up a coffee can full of them that your brother's neighbor's sister's former roomate found in the basement under 35 years of old newspapers. Old shotgun shells should not be used. Mike RossLife Member, NAHCMember, National Rifle AssociationMember, Meeker Co. Historical Society

·
Registered
205 Posts
Try:Estate Cartridge, Inc.12161 FM 830Willis, Texas 77318Phone: 936.856.7277They are not far from here and known to custom produce shotshells. Surely he is set up to do them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike....Baschieri & Pellagri in Italy makes quite a number of different 21/2" shotshells...trouble is they only sell them by the case (500 rounds)..Their salesman in the US called me but could'nt help me regarding just a couple of boxesThe shotgun, I want to use these shells in...is an old Danish Auto (Sjogern Patent) which is actually chambered for 21/2 shells...but I was told that 2 5/8 would work also....I found one company in Europe that made 2 5/8 shells but lost the slip with their name....I probably should stick to looking for 2 !/2 just to be on the safe side.......Lane

·
Registered
228 Posts
Lanesr37,If all else fails, I bet you could make your own.Cut an empty hull down to 2 1/2 " , and use 7/8 oz load data. The shorter wad and lighter shot charge would probably fit in a 2 1/2 " case, but might be a bit tight.. Also, I would be conservative,use the lowest pressure load data, or maybe reduce the powder charge a grain or two, just to be safe.Chad_E

G

·
Try Ballistic Products at ballisticproducts.com (I think) They have Gamebore in 2" and 2 1/2". Hulls in plastic and paper. Shot in Lead and Tungsten/Matrix. Smokeless and Black Powder. Most of the lead shot is around $9.95 a box. I have had excellent results with Ballistic Products and Kent-Gamebore. They will also have a lot of load data and components for the short 2", 2 1/2" and 2 5/8" shells and everything else, including odd gauges such as 24 and 32.
The comments about B&P is correct you just have to order by the case. Estate Cartridge is good and good Prices are usually at Cheaper than Dirt.
Good Luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.