Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to shotguns. Going to buy a shotgun for trap. I noticed a lot of guns can take both shells but the shotgun I was looking at takes 3" rnds and I was wondering if any ranges prohibit 3" rounds before I buy.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

· Registered
147 Posts
bigdaddejc said:
New to shotguns. Going to buy a shotgun for trap. I noticed a lot of guns can take both shells but the shotgun I was looking at takes 3" rnds and I was wondering if any ranges prohibit 3" rounds before I buy.

Most shotgun specific ranges are only going to allow 7.5, 8, and 9 shot size. The 2 3/4 or 3 in shell is all up to you, so long as you're within the previously mentioned shot size.

Also, MANY shotgun specific ranges have barrel length requirements. Where are you looking to shoot? We can hopefully help narrow it down from there.

· Registered
12,130 Posts
It may "take" 3 inch shells, but that doesn't preclude using 2 3/4 inch shells in it.

And those are the longest allowed for trap.

· Registered
13 Posts
bigdaddejc said:

I'm pretty new myself but I believe when a shotgun indicates a 3" capabilities it implies it can shoot up to 3" shells.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.