Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I have a Beretta A-M-300(magnum, 3" shells), and I went to the trap range to try it out for the first time. I was using 2 3/4" #8 shot target loads. After every shot, I would have to manually open the mechanism to remove the shot, even though it is a semi-auto. When I shoot, I can hear the mechanism partially open, but either it doesn't eject the cartridge, or it isn't opening fully. For all of these shots, I was only loading ONE round at a time.
I was wondering if it needs oiling, or if it just needs to use 3" shells, or a more powerful round. My friend was also using the same ammo and he had no trouble at all with his Beretta A-300.
If it is that I have to open up the gun to clean it(past just removing just the barrel), is there a website that has all of the parts so that I know how to take it apart and put it back together properly.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Chris, there is a post on this site that is devoted to disassembly and reassembly of the 391. It does not specifically address the 300, but there are a lot of similarities, so it will probably help you.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=101242

That post also contains links to parts diagrams of some similar Beretta models. Give me a few minutes and I will try to find you one for the 300.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for that information, however, if I can avoid completely taking apart the gun for no reason, then I would much prefer that. The gun fires perfectly, not much recoil, but If I am out on a hunt, then I don't really want to be limited to 1 shot. I shot 3 rounds, and not 1 shell ejected...so I don't know if I just need oil on the bolt, or do I really need to take it apart, and If I do, which part would I be needing to focus on?

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
I hope that someone who has experience with this particular model or type would jump in here - like Worc, for example? I could make a guess at the answer, but I won't except as a last resort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.