Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Nova arrived yesteday. Yes sir,...it's like many have already said, she's not the prettiest gun I've ever seen but reeks of functionality.
I have two questions about it. When I load shells into the magazine tube the carrier tongue doesn't drop back down. It only drops back down when I rack the gun. My Breda has the carrier drop back down immediately after loading the magazine. Is this proper to leave the carrier elevated until the gun is racked?

Second question is...What is the advantage of a rotating head bolt?..Seems to do alot of damage to my snap caps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
the carrier in the up position is normal. I've had mine for five seasons now and no problem. As far as the rotating bolt icant help you there.

"duckndawg"

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't own a Nova, but I have heard that the rotating bolt locks into the barrel, thus reducing the stress on the polymer receiver.

·
Registered
140 Posts
David Pianosi said:
My new Nova arrived yesteday. Yes sir,...it's like many have already said, she's not the prettiest gun I've ever seen but reeks of functionality.
I have two questions about it. When I load shells into the magazine tube the carrier tongue doesn't drop back down. It only drops back down when I rack the gun. My Breda has the carrier drop back down immediately after loading the magazine. Is this proper to leave the carrier elevated until the gun is racked?

Second question is...What is the advantage of a rotating head bolt?..Seems to do alot of damage to my snap caps.
Leaving the carrier in the up position is perfectly fine. It is just a different design. Plus it makes removing shells from the mag a little easier.

The rotating bolt design is what holds the nova together. It locks the bolt onto the barrel. The nova doesn't need as strong of a reciever as a result. When shooting slugs, having the bolt locked onto the barrel will improve your accuracy some what.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankyou folks for your help.
It's great to be able to get such quick info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts