Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone bought one yet?? I see the 20 ga is ported and I assume the 28 is not according to the browning web site. The offered 32 inch barrels in 20ga is interesting. How you like it if you got one???

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I`ll somewhat get to answer my own question. I dropped by a gander mt. tonight and they had a sporting 20 ga cynergy with 30 inch barrels. I have to say I am very impressed with the feel of that gun. I think I need a adj comb(I`m a lefty) but other than that it fit farily good as was.(no cast) I`ll have to wait and see the 28 before making a decision. I`d love to take one out and shoot it.

·
Administrator
23,481 Posts
Has anybody seen a Cynergy 20 Ga. in composite yet? Any info on them ever offering it. I want one!!!!!!!

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Being that I don`t see a wood with adj comb offered in the 20 or 28 I`ll probably go with a synthetic also. I have one(syn) in a sporting 12...its OK. I also have a wood with adj comb....its better.

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I couldn`t get none of you guys to tell me how you liked them so I ordered one in both guages. I`ll let ya know in a week or so how they rate compared to the 12 ga. I did go with the 32 inch barrel in the 20 ga. The 30 inch model felt really light(only one I`ve had my hands on). I guess I`ll get to find out how I like the 28 when I see it. I`m hoping it fits me as good as the 20 did. The small ***** cynergy`s are not offered with adj combs or synthetic yet. It was like pulling eye teeth finding diana skeet chokes for them. All this caused a loss in the family though. Looks like a 12 ga cynergy sporting in synthetic is going to a new home. Still got one though so maybe it won`t be to bad.

·
Administrator
23,481 Posts
Give me a report on that 20 when you have used it. I am still wanting one. I am crazy about my 12 composite one.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't own either yet.. Still saving my pennies. HOwever. The 12 cynergy fits me really well. The 20 Cynergy doesn't fit at all. Its like I'm looking uphill. I dunno why :?

I thought the 20 was going to be perfect for me but now I'm back to the drawing board..

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
adj comb? I need one on the 12 to make it fit for me. I`ve already made plans to put them on the small ga`s if necessary.

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got to do a little shooting today with both guages. Almost a perfect fit for me out of the box. I don`t think I could improve it. The recoil of the 20 ***** is about what I expected. Less than the 20 ***** sporting I owned. That may be hard to believe but its true. I recently shot a 525 sporting in 28 *****. The cynergy feels like a 410 compared to it. (I have to admit the 525 didn`t fit me nearly as well). Good trigger pull although both feel a little harder than my 12 guages. Hopefully break in will help that. Both are TIGHT. Will need a 1000 or so rounds through them to lossen up. The wood was excellent with of course one being better than the other(28 ga is much prettier to me). Both stocks needed to be rubbed with stock oil as soon as I got home with them. Browning needs a new finish department. Wood fit was excellent and balance especially on the 30 inch 28 ***** excellent. I am VERY glad I chose the 32 inch barrels in the 20 ga. I have and I`m sure you have bought guns at times that after you shot them you kind of thought...mmmm I don`t really like that gun or you may have thought....wow I love that gun. I really like these two guns. Would I buy them again. Yeap. I`d buy a 410 tommorrow if they offered it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
cbxchris:

Can you tell us a little more about the 28? I've been thinking of getting a 28ga target o/u for a while and the Cynergy looks interesting. Thanks for the info.

Parris George

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Parris I haven`t gotten time to shoot the 28 since that last report. Bad weather and got the flu. I am a rather short LOP. The cynergy out of the box fits me much better than any other O/U. I bought a 525 sporting last week and its now at a gunsmith being bent and the LOP shortened.(I`m a lefty) the cynergy has a neutral stock so you can see where I would like it. Another thing I did on the 525 was dump the rock hard stock pad. The cynergy is superior in felt recoil..theres no arguing that. Its all in fit to me. I`m sure the xs or 525 out of the box will fit a lot of people and the cynergy the same. Especially in the smaller guages I would put the cynergy as just equal to a XS or 525 except for less felt recoil by the cynergy. Personal preference and fit being the bigger issue. In 12 ga I consider the cynergy superior in most every way. From feel to felt recoil.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts