Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with a technician at alliant powder. I am going to be loading my first shells tonight and I needed a substitution. I do not have any Winchester 209 primers and I am too new to make a decision on my own. The technician said that I can substitue the CCI 209's that I have with no powder weight changes needed. He also said I could use the Remington P STS primers I have but I want to save those for my Remington STS Hulls and 20/28 loads.

I know this is a little paranoid to ask, but, may I assume that if Alliant tells me I can substitute a primer with their powder, I can feel same doing it?

thanks in advance. rc

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
Shoot2reload said:
Personally, I'd take any advice given by their technicians to be coming straight from the Burning Bush.
Right there with you on that!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No offense was meant by my question. Only to confirm what I believed to be true was true. If the "tech" clears it, you should be ok to do it. The tech at Alliant was REALLY nice about my questions and finished with "call back if I ever needed anything else". I don't know much about the 20/28, but, I shoot a lot of other Alliant powders in long and short centerfires. I liked them for their products before. I now like them for their service as well. rc

·
Registered
729 Posts
I called them with a similar problem, being able to find only Fed 209A's for a while. Their advice was to load 1/2gr lighter with them. I was using both Herco and 20/28 at the time. Worked fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.