Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is probably a dumb question but is there any 1oz or 1 1/8 oz 20 ga 3 in loads that are faster than 1250 with out useing longshot ?? the reason for not wanting to use longshot is that i dont have any and dont want to get any. btw i will be useing them for long range pheastant. thanks nbd25

·
Registered
864 Posts
Well, I will ask now, if you have IMR4227 or Hercules 2400. I have seen recipes using those two powders, in some olders recipe books. If you don't have either powder, and you don't want to buy them, I won't bother to look for the recipes :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Balistic Products has some loads for their wads and hulls that use SR 4756, one ounce at 1365 and 1 1/8 at 1300. There used to be a Blue Dot 1 3/16 load that worked well, but apparently it is no longer published, but you might find something similar in the Alliant data.

·
Registered
864 Posts
nothinbutdust25 said:
I have both 2400 and 4756. thanks for the replies nbd 25
Both powders you have, are used in the Lyman 3rd and 4th adition, for 3 inch loads. Do you have either of thos recipe books???? Please tell me you do, and you can save me some typing :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.