Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 ga. o/u that sometimes on the last shot, which is the top barrel, when you dismount the gun it opens. It is crossbolt design. When I break the gun down to store and release the firing pins, on my other shotguns you have to put tension on the lever and push the pin in to release, I can push the pin without putting pressure on the lever and it will release.And it doesn't take hardly any pressure to push the pin. would this have anything to do with it opening at times on the last shot? Can it be repaired? The gun is a felix sarsqueta and thats about all I know. I would like to have the barrels reamed skeet and skeet, but do not want to put a whole lot of money in this gun if the other problem can't be repaired reasonably. I only paid 200.00 for it, used. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Randy Roberts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Randaddy,

Please don't take offence, but if you're not mechanically incline, machinist, mechanical designer, take it to a gun smith. I know it will cost $50.00 - $100.00 to have it repaired but this is a serious area.

My SKB after 40,000 rounds started doing the same thing. I was able to fix it, but with the guidance of two gunsmith friends of mine. SKB did have any support on a 5600 SK/SK I imported many years ago. Not even a parts break down. That really pissed me off!!! NO Break Down!!! They are almost as bad as Yildiz out of Turkey!

If you don't get any other assistance, shoot me an email.
[email protected]

jim

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks trap doctor. i finally was able to talk to a couple of local gunsmiths. one didn't want anything to do with it and the other said he would check it out at no cost. hopefully he can repair it.
i emailed mike orlen, but no answer so far. thanks for the reply.
randy roberts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.