Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
6,304 Posts
I seem to recall mention that the Clays series of powders (Clays, International, and Universal) will not be scheduled for a run until sometime in 2024. That will place an even greater demand on Unique as/if it becomes available.

Your best bet is to find alternate powders (note the use of plural rather than singular) and purchase as you can when you can find it. That's the way it's been the last three years and will be for the foreseeable future.

· Registered
68 Posts
I would add 20/28, but that is unobtanium also. I did see Green Dot with 3/4-ounce loads and Cheddite primers on the Alliant reloading site. I have been going to Sportsmans Warehouse and buying 200 (max limit per day) at a time and now have 1600 of them. I'll try them out when I can soot again in early April.

· Registered
5,977 Posts
572 is available from Hodgdon. $39/lb. Plus shipping and hazmat.

Reactions: pheasent89

· Registered
442 Posts
Things may be opening up a bit. I talked to a regional distributor today that has received Green Dot and 20/28, in 8 lb jugs at that. I'm not naming them - but just posting this as an indication that supply may be slowly improving.

· Registered
336 Posts
There's data using WSF,572 and Herco. For 20 gauge 1200fps target type loads.(7/8) If you want 3/4 ounce. Add Green Dot to the list. If higher velocity is needed add Long shot to the list. I didn't list .20/28. Because it's unobtainable.
Longshot is my go to for 20 ga 7/8 oz and 28 ga 3/4 oz target loads. Denser than many others resulting in excellent stack height,

1 - 20 of 30 Posts