Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range picking up some 20 ga rems and accidentally picked up 6 win promo hulls. When I looked in them they were 2 piece with a plastic base. I thought the promo wins were paper base? Are these new or still junk. I wouldn't mind having some hulls for hunting that I usually loose. Thanks

·
Registered
17,957 Posts
I think they burn pretty well! At the price of natural gas and heating oil, you may want to pick up all of them you can lay your hands on! :wink:

BP

·
Registered
505 Posts
Bode, I would say trash em but have a friend that has reloaded a box of these win promo's 4 times now and they look and shoot fine. I would load for hunting as you say and check the barrel between shots.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I'd have no problem loading them....INTO THE TRASH CAN! Winchester Promos suck hardcore for reloading. When there's just as many Remingtons laying around why even bother?

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
They WILL load once or twice but not very well. The crimps will suck and they split almost instantly. Honestly if you're going through all the trouble you're better off with a decent hull to begin with.

·
Administrator
23,330 Posts
Clayslayer said:
They WILL load once or twice but not very well. The crimps will suck and they split almost instantly. Honestly if you're going through all the trouble you're better off with a decent hull to begin with.
I won't load them either, but I have a good friend that gets lots of reloads out of the WW promo hulls. They crimp funny but the birds break. He kept track of some and got over 12 reloads through those hulls without splits. If somebody had no choice, those would be just fine, well worth the cost of picking them up.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
If and only if they were the sole option and I absolutely HAD to reload I'd go for the junk winchesters. But only then. I tried the 12ga ones and yeah they worked, but not very well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts