Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
You might check with Hodgdon, they do some amazing things with heavy shot charges and Longshot. Have you checked their web site? The site is a bit complex to brouse, but once you find your way arround, there is a lot of loading data there.

BP

·
Registered
536 Posts
elk, I don't recall anything on Hodgdon's site that is quite that fast, though as BP mentioned, they get to 1275 with Longshot, but I believe they are Cheddite hulls. If you care to buy new shells, Fiocchi's Golden Pheasant has nickle-plated 5's, 6's, or 7 1/2's at 1245 in the one-ounce loading. I've patterned these and got good results in two of my 20 gauge guns. I got mine from Ballistic Products.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I don't understand why there are no receipes that match or exceed factory ammo! There seems to be data for 28 and 16 that will get you to 1400, but not 20's. I hunt wild chuckar in Nevada and Oregon and would like all the punch I can get out of the 20 ga package. What is the max presure a 20 can handle?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.