Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I recently stumbled upon your site here, and love it! Great forum! Went through all the forums topics last night...good stuff. Ithaca's and Rugers are the only shotguns I own. Can't beat em. But I have a question on my 1953 20ga.....And this JUST started during Dove season...After I shoot the first shell, then extract the spent shell via the pump, this spent shell hangs up between the "forks" of the Carrier. The forks actually pass over the shell casing, leaving the shell below hung up on the bottom extractor. At first I thought the forks were too narrow, so I messed around with their width...no change, then I went and bought a new carrier, still no change. So I thought the Bottom extractor was hanging it up and not letting it go in time. This appears to be the problem, but why? There are no burrs on it, and it's spring seems OK...any ideas???
Thanks, Gus in Tejas.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi Gus!
At one time Ithaca had a problem with the machining of some 20ga. receivers. Some of the cuts inside were cut too wide. I would have to inspect this shotgun to determine if this is one of them. I worked at Ithaca for 28 years. Contact me if needed. Thanx!

Les Hovencamp
www.diamondgunsmithing.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.