Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have emailed registration forms to everyone who emailed in their request for the 2010 forms. We will begin mailing out to last years entrants in the next couple weeks. Those who do not want to wait (or want to be sure to get that "must have" fitasc time) you will find all information, along the registration form at:
http://www.seminolegun.com/2010_seminol ... olecup.htm

Hope to see you there!
Shereen @ Seminole

·
Premium Member
2006 Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade and a Beretta
8,414 Posts
Me and my friends, if I can find any, were thinking about going to this in 2010.

Anybody have thoughts on this shoot?

Are there 2 big shoots back to back that week?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Last year the Rhino Rally was the week before in Ocala, and Mick Howells, Indian River was the week after. Indian River is right there in Vero so you don't have to move.
All three are good shoots. :D

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
KRIEGHOFFK80 said:
Me and my friends, if I can find any, were thinking about going to this in 2010.

Anybody have thoughts on this shoot?

Are there 2 big shoots back to back that week?
Contact Marshall Bell or Stever Gasper when you are at Critter Path, they both have been shooting that tournament for the last few years.

·
Registered
381 Posts
hey terry, i have been going to the seminole for several years. it is a fun shoot, great targets, lots of nice guerini gun prizes. the seminole and quail creek staff are excellent hosts. plus, this is a great time not to be in pa! i have never shot the rhino rally or the carribean cup. however, i did shoot at mick howells place to warm-up and he sets some great targets. i will be going down with the family. we usually stay at vero beach disney resort it gives them something to do. it takes about an hour to get to quail creek from there. talk to you, steve

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have been to the Seminole for the last two years. If you live in the northern part of the US this is a pleasant get away. The weather is pleasant in the 70-80. The cuban food and the mojitos are to die for. The targets are great and Quail Creek does a great job. The Prime Rib on Saturday is not to be missed and they give away tons of prizes right after dinner.

I also attended the Caribbean Classic over at Vero Beach. Mick set up a beautiful course both days but the weather didn't help on the second day. I believe the CC will be much better (Mick promised to improve landscape and the overall experience) this year but I might head to Louisiana instead. Never the less, Seminole is a little pricey for todays budgets but the rewards are also there. If you have a couple of weeks available in Feb you must check it out!

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
It sure isn't cheap.

For me to shoot everything but FITASC it is almost $1,000.00!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Both the Seminole and Rhino are expensive for the main event (around $300 for 200 targets) but the prelims are reasonably priced. Plus the Seminole offers three prelims, one on Thurs. and two on Friday, to choose from. So if you can't pay the big bucks for the main event, shoot a couple of the prelims. Quail Creek does a wonderful job and is a stunningly beautiful venue. Rhino is also a pretty course with better terrain than most Florida courses.

The Caribbean Classic at Indian River is much more reasonably priced for the main event. Last year I think it was only $175. It's not the gorgeous course that Quail Creek is but the targets are excellent. You really can't go wrong with any of these three tournaments. Also Mick throws a wonderful FITASC. Last year he had five parcours, rather than four, for 100 targets. The targets were really really challenging and interesting.

I wish I could spend the whole winter down in Florida!!!

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
I was planning on doing to shoots after driving that far.

So do I shoot the Rhino and the Seminole or the Seminole and the Caribbean Classic?

And by the way it is lot more money than that!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
20,328 Posts
One thing you should be aware of if you plan to shoot only the Prelims at the Seminole Cup and then leave town. The shootoffs for first place in class in the Prelims is typically held on Saturday afternoon, a day or two after the actual Prelim event.

If you have left town and are unavailable to shoot in the shootoffs on Saturday, then you just forfeit any chance you may have had of winning first place in your class. Don't ask me how I know this. :evil:

It seems to me that if they can't hold the shootoff on the same day as the event, then they should decide tie-breakers by pre-determined stations which everyone would know about in advance. Otherwise, it penalizes the person who is not able to stick around for the weekend due to time constraints or other committments.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Can anybody give me info on the Rhino shoot?

·
Registered
678 Posts
KRIEGHOFFK80 said:
Can anybody give me info on the Rhino shoot?
http://www.rhinochokes.com/rhino_rally2.htm

Here's you a link to the 2010 page. It's a good shoot my wife went last year and I got to attend that Sunday so I only shot 5 stand.

Great layout, beautiful Oak canopies to shoot in, a cart is a MUST to shoot 5-stand and Fitasc.
I'd like to see Joe be a little more creative with his prizes though. A machined clay target although interesting.....could be a tad more elaborate for an event of that caliber.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.