Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't consider myself to be a photographer, but just take them to support my magazine writing. I'm admittedly not very good at it, but got tired of people asking me to sort through my photos to send them this one or that one. I simply don't have time for that. Putting them on a web site makes it sort of a self-serve operation. I usually find one or two keepers for my printed work.

There are a lot of moving parts when photographing in the field. Herding cats comes to mind in regards to many of the podium shots. Other photographers are crowded around, making backing up far enough for a full body shot very difficult to do. In the field there are people walking up, carts in the way, etc. I'm sure someone more proficient than me could do better, but it is what it is.

Thank you for your honest critique.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
GradeIII said:
I don't consider myself to be a photographer, but just take them to support my magazine writing. I'm admittedly not very good at it, but got tired of people asking me to sort through my photos to send them this one or that one.
Dana, you are being too modest...you are an excellent photographer (and writer). Thanks for all of your efforts. It is enjoyable to relive the event (as well as many others) through your photos.

Great job! Thanks for sharing your many photos with us and enabling us to easily navigate through them all.

Demi

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dana it was good hanging again this year, thanks for the photos of my booth also glad the photos didn't show me missing all those rabbits on Parcour 4
I should have taken some photos of you running all those targets on the practice field.
the best Nationals I have been to in 20 years.

·
Registered
I lost them all in a boating accident.
18,042 Posts
Photography critiques are like shooting advice. Don't offer if you're not asked.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
i think your efforts came out really well and thanks for sharing them here. I also have not attended and its cool to see all of this. Not the same as being there but certainly gives great perspective.

will look thru more of it and look for a few of my shooting friends that attended. thanks again.

·
Registered
I lost them all in a boating accident.
18,042 Posts
dickgtax said:
Advice about what a person can say on a forum is also like shooting advice. Don't offer if you're not asked.
Pot, meet kettle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.