Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,946 Posts
By 2031 I doubt those of us that live in California will be able to own a shotgun. Sooner if Hillary gets elected.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Heard Adak, Alaska was awarded it. Downside is that they can only do it on winter solstice so everyone will need to be off the course in the 3hrs of sunlight. I heard it will be a SYO shoot to.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
yeah 2046, I want to know who has put bids in, who's going, what events are going to be offered, what the first station is going to be, if fitasc is offered, and what the rotation for those time slots are.

2046 is right around the corner........geeeeeez guys just trying to plan here

·
Registered
I lost them all in a boating accident.
18,042 Posts
And more importantly, what food trucks will be showing up?

·
Registered
391 Posts
By 2031 I'm sure by then the new Moon base will be open and the lunar gun club will host it. However, I'm not sure what load or choke to use with the reduced gravity and atmosphere. Will the max shot charge be based on Earth weight or Moon weight? By 2046 should be Mars hosting. Unfortunately, I will miss that one. I don't think they will let a 90 year old into space :evil: In all honesty, you should attend one of the bigger shoots. They are a lot of fun and the guys here give brutally honest opinions of the clubs that host them. Pick one that is close to you that puts on a good show. Good shooting, Steve

·
Registered
11,946 Posts
In the year 2525, if man is still alive
If woman can survive, they may find
In the year 3535

Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lie
Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today...

·
Registered
11,946 Posts
On a serious note, how long do you think you can shoot sporting clays? I know a few guys in their mid to late 70's, and they're still out there breaking targets.

I don't really know any shooters in their 80's.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Locally, only a couple that I know who are in their 80's, they no longer walk the courses, and they pick their days (weather) carefully. On the other hand, we had a couple of guys who shot both skeet and trap quite convincingly well into their 90's.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
ysr_racer said:
On a serious note, how long do you think you can shoot sporting clays? I know a few guys in their mid to late 70's, and they're still out there breaking targets.

I don't really know any shooters in their 80's.
I know 5-6 very regular shooters in Maine and New Hampshire that shoot and shoot very well and are in their early 80's.

I will consider myself very fortunate if I am able to still get out and walk and shoot targets at that age.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
i'm 31 now, if I make it too 55 I'll consider myself a lucky guy, as my past family history of health defects does not convince there is alot of sand left in the hour glass.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.