Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a 20ga SxS that has ic & full chokes and a 28" barrel. Do you think this full choke is too tight for woodcock? Any idea of the cost to cut these barrels to 26" with ic/mod chokes?

·
Premium Member
20,446 Posts
For most of the woodcock hunting I've done, Cylinder and Cylinder would be about the right chokes. You could accomplish this yourself at no cost with a hacksaw, but it might not look too pretty. A gunsmith shouldn't charge too much for cutting it off, squaring up the cut and resetting the front bead. This assumes, of course, that the rib doesn't present too much of a problem. Also, if you wanted the barrels threaded for choke tubes, that's about $75 per barrel plus the cost of the tubes.

·
Registered
159 Posts
He didn't state the make thats why I reframed from mentioning the hack saw thing :roll: What if the guy has a Merkel or some other high doller gun :shock:

Scott

G

·
The woodcock shooting Ive had makes IC the tightest I need, I would opt for no choke/IC. A lot of cheap imported "clubs" are suddenly on the scene, some not worth changing a choke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.