Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I just wanted to give a shout out to my dehaan boys. I shot my first EVER perfect round of skeet with my SGR 20ga SxS. After shooting several 23's and a few 24's I put it all together and ran them all. I think I like the gun. Anyone else shoot a perfect round with their Dehaan? Later DEDBRD

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Hey dedbrd! CONGRATS!!!!!! Fine shooting!

Wish I could say I've done the same, but I'm better at blowing holes in the sky than I am at breaking clay! Wish I could say the fault was with my DeHaan, but sadly, in my case its the shooter, not the gun. :oops:

Glad to see another DeHaan guy here! Since this forum is sorely lacking in pics, any chance I could convince you to post a pic of you and your "clay crusher"?

Hope you will post here regularly.....And again, congrats on a FINE day!

Regards...2few.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Congratulations, Dedbird! That is a wonderful milestone to achieve! One that I have not quite gotten....24 is my best so far. But, it is achievable but shooting "low gun" doesn't make it any easier. I have several nice DeHaans and they all shoot fine for me but I usually make a mental error (like not taking the safety off...) of some sort! Congrats again!

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
LOVELY gun! And I would say you have become quite proficient with it!

Had you been shooting SxS before you got this gun or was the SxS new to you?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I owned a Ithaca 280 bit sold it after missing to many birds. I thought about giving up on the idea of ever owning a SXS I could shoot. I'm still alittle disappointed in the wood and finish but like it much better after running the 25.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
dedbrd said:
Anyone else shoot a perfect round with their Dehaan? Later DEDBRD
Umm, well, I kinda hate to steal your thunder, but, yeah, I have. In fact, I strung 3 straights together to win the D Class Gold Medal in 12 ga East event at the Worlds Skeet Shoot in 2007, with a score of 123/125 (I shot 20 ga. in the 12 ga event, Briley tubes), among others. This was with a De Haan U5E, also called British Sporting, O/U. I even managed to knock down a few straights with the .410 tubes in place. Never did get 100 straight with it, though.. :(

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
BP likes to tease us! GREAT shooting BP :D :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
BPGuy said:
dedbrd said:
Anyone else shoot a perfect round with their Dehaan? Later DEDBRD
I strung 3 straights together to win the D Class Gold Medal in 12 ga East event at the Worlds Skeet Shoot in 2007, This was with a De Haan U5E, also called British Sporting, O/U. :(
I also shoot a DeHaan U5E and love it, ...but don't shoot it as well :? yet :D
Mike

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
BP.....I sincerely doubt your shooting has deteriorated.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hey, 2few you should have seen "BPGuy" on the pheasant hunt last January! He is deadly! He may have missed one somewhere along the way, but I sure didn't see it! AND, he always seemed to be in the right place at the right time, too. I, on the other hand was so excited that I missed the first few birds - two were long, high in the sky in heavy wind (tough shots, really, but I should have dropped them) but one was a rediculously easy 20 yard crosser.....I was so embarrassed! I managed to get my birds, though by the end of the day's hunt. However, the next day I made up for it! I did pretty well, finishing up with a nice crossing left/right double! And both were 'grounded' dead birds, too. I felt much better after that! I definitely need to do this more often! Going again in mid-January 2010. That is pretty much one of the things I dislike about South Texas: HOT, no wild pheasants, no public land and no Ruffed Grouse! So, what do I like about Texas? Lots of things: My wife is a Texan and it is pretty much true that Texans are only happy in Texas and you know the old adage about "momma being happy..." and a decent job, close to the beach, too. I like to fish, too...

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Y'all are too kind!

But, since you're most generously tooting my horn, I'm forced to rise to the occasion & justify it - This summer at the Texas Police Athletic Games, shotgun sports - And no, that's not a Huglu. :oops:

And Steve, I did miss a few when I was blocking, I just didn't bother to mention it at supper! :wink: I did do pretty well working on the line, though. I've got a new 16 ga RBL for this year.

Apologies to all if I'm hijacking the thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.