Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Congratulations, Dedbird! That is a wonderful milestone to achieve! One that I have not quite gotten....24 is my best so far. But, it is achievable but shooting "low gun" doesn't make it any easier. I have several nice DeHaans and they all shoot fine for me but I usually make a mental error (like not taking the safety off...) of some sort! Congrats again!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hey, 2few you should have seen "BPGuy" on the pheasant hunt last January! He is deadly! He may have missed one somewhere along the way, but I sure didn't see it! AND, he always seemed to be in the right place at the right time, too. I, on the other hand was so excited that I missed the first few birds - two were long, high in the sky in heavy wind (tough shots, really, but I should have dropped them) but one was a rediculously easy 20 yard crosser.....I was so embarrassed! I managed to get my birds, though by the end of the day's hunt. However, the next day I made up for it! I did pretty well, finishing up with a nice crossing left/right double! And both were 'grounded' dead birds, too. I felt much better after that! I definitely need to do this more often! Going again in mid-January 2010. That is pretty much one of the things I dislike about South Texas: HOT, no wild pheasants, no public land and no Ruffed Grouse! So, what do I like about Texas? Lots of things: My wife is a Texan and it is pretty much true that Texans are only happy in Texas and you know the old adage about "momma being happy..." and a decent job, close to the beach, too. I like to fish, too...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.