Shotgun Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
What can you tell me about Pelee Island - have you ever hunted pheasant there? Regards, Jack[/quote]

JACK: Try the following : www.pelee.org/huntinfo.htm

I also have been thinking about taking advantage of that hunt.
None of us are getting any younger, and it would be an interesting hunt to experience before the knees and legs give out for good!

Even though it raises the final total cost, I'd sure like to have my Brittany to shoot over. I believe it's (5) birds/per day.

Your thoughts? Regards, Don

· Registered
1,311 Posts
I'm puzzled by something. So far, there has been quite a bit of discussion of 3/4 oz vs. 1 oz loads for the 28 gauge. I read all of the posts, but no one mentioned 7/8 oz 28 gauge loads. :? Don't any of you 28 gauge connoisseurs shoot the 7/8 oz Fiocchi Golden Pheasant loads?

I don't even own a 28, yet, but I am currious to know how these loads perform. They seem pretty sweet on paper. If nobody uses 'em, is there a reason?

-Dave

· Registered
1,807 Posts
Researcher...if I ever run across those Fiochi shells I might give 'em a whirl. I've had so much success, though, with Federal Premiums...3/4 oz of copper-plated shot, that I've not looked farther. I did buy some of the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant shells in 20 ga and 12 ga for the coming season...have heard good things about them.

· Registered
1,311 Posts
hunter20ga said:
Researcher...if I ever run across those Fiochi shells I might give 'em a whirl. I've had so much success, though, with Federal Premiums...3/4 oz of copper-plated shot, that I've not looked farther. I did buy some of the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant shells in 20 ga and 12 ga for the coming season...have heard good things about them.
Gander had them last year. I didn't see it there this year. The Outdoorsman usually stocks quite a bit of Fiocchi, they might have it. Cabelas up in East Grand Forks, a.k.a. "Frozen Forks" has it for sure. :wink:

-Dave

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.