Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having posted inquiry to 28ga. o/u have stepped myself up tothe likes of rizzini usa and trying to find sig-rizzini at fair price. browning option last resort due to 20 ga. frame.. ruger ruled out to many conflicting reports, cz looked good but also afraid of quality issues. .. if that were not enough to confound me I realize reloading is inevitable, and so more decissions which brand reloader , which type, what hulls , and recipe????? I think that all these choices makes this such a great sport/ hobby and this forum is the best for help and discussion thanks mike

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Let us know what you finally decide on.

Then we'll start on the reloader, hulls, components, powder, etc. That will surely get you confused.......... :lol:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I bought a Ruger Red Label w/28" bbls in 28 ga. and I have absolutely no reservations about it.

I chose it over the Citori and never looked back.

As to reloaders, I am loading on a MEC 8567 grabber and it does a fine job and loads 300 rounds pr. hr. with ease.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Cole's Gunsmithing has a very nice 28 gauge B. Rizzini for less than $2000. They have clearance prices on all their Rizzini's. The B. Rizzini's are very nice.

I just went through the same exercise you're going to go through. I ended up with a Beretta 687 SPIII, a 650N progressive (have used Sizemasters before), 1000 new, primed Cheddite hulls and 1500 wads (claybuster clone and PT28). I have way too much powder so, luckily, I don't have to buy any more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.