Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took 3 of my guns up to Briley today. My Yildiz O/U has a choke tube stuck in it. They are not sure if it will need to be ground out. I also took in my Mossberg 590 to have the steel safety put in. The safety tends to engage when you chuck on it hard and fast. I've missed several doubled because of that.

And unrelated to shotguns, I also dropped off my Para Ordnance P14.45. It's had an intermittent problem where when you closed the slide it will sometimes drop the hammer. However, it has never fired whenever that has happened while a round was chambered.

Glad I have plenty of backup guns.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not too worried about the Yildiz. They are the warranty admin for them, plus it is one of their chokes. And the Mossberg won't be too big of a deal. My .45 is probably the one I am most concerned about. After all, it is my most expensive gun. But Briley does build some good .45s too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got 2 of the 3 guns back today. My .45 had the seer spring replaced. And they were able to get the choke out of my Yildiz without damaging it. I took it out today and did alright for nothing have shot in over a month. I took the chokes out as soon as I was done. Not making that mistake again.

Still waiting on the Mossberg. So far I've been impressed with the service Briley has done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.