Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Beretta 694
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm shopping and I'm getting mixed info from dealers.

Does anyone know what a good price on a 32" Flat Rib F3 Bonsai with Grade 6 wood would be?
The one I want I'm being quoted $14,000+ which to me seems kinda high. I'm seeing much nicer F3's for thousands less. Thoughts? Thanks.

·
Administrator
23,237 Posts
SeTex said:
So I'm shopping and I'm getting mixed info from dealers.

Does anyone know what a good price on a 32" Flat Rib F3 Bonsai with Grade 6 wood would be?
The one I want I'm being quoted $14,000+ which to me seems kinda high. I'm seeing much nicer F3's for thousands less. Thoughts? Thanks.
Did you check with Pacific Arms?
https://pacificsportingarms.com/shop/brands/

·
Registered
Beretta 694
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
40Shotguns said:
https://www.covecreekoutfitters.com/product/blaser-f3-sporting-bonsi-scroll-right-hand-black-edition/

Don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for ....
Exactly what I was looking for and around the price I expected. This is the same specifications I gave the dealer I was working with that quoted me $14500. Sadly they are sold out of the 32". Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Considering pre-owned at all? Sometimes you can find great deals on gently used.

Another super cool option is Coke in FL will do a custom stock on a new F3 - you pick the wood blank and they do it to your liking. It takes some time but it's extra awesome because then you picked it all.

Happy shooting!

·
Registered
561 Posts
jjkGURU said:
Considering pre-owned at all? Sometimes you can find great deals on gently used.

Another super cool option is Coke in FL will do a custom stock on a new F3 - you pick the wood blank and they do it to your liking. It takes some time but it's extra awesome because then you picked it all.

Happy shooting!
That would be Cole Fine Guns (Rich Cole) with locations in Florida, Texas and Maine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That’s sure a nice shotgun you are looking at. I would hit up John at Pacific Sporting Arms East, he’s always given me great pricing and exceptional service.
If I were spending that kind of coin I would look at a Krieghoff K80 or Perazzi High Tech or if you want a super gun and don’t want to break the bank, Zoli’s are excellent.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Being modular, Blasers are pretty easy to assemble from existing inventory.

You can do what I did. Write down your exact list of specifications, being as detailed as humanly possible. Email that list out to every dealer you can find. Unless there is some other mitigating circumstance, buy from whoever is cheapest. I was pricing out a new Vantage maybe 6 months ago and did just that. Surprisingly the one thought would have given me the best price was the highest, and the one I would have expected to be near the more expensive end gave me the lowest price.

Dunno if you're willing to consider used, but Jaquas has this: http://jaquas.com/gunlist/NewGunLis...+++++++++++++++&NewUsed=U&FP=&sidead=0#207113 I didn't look at it intimately closely when I was there a couple weeks ago, but nothing stood out to me as an issue with a cursory glance. I would have been tempted by the 32" Vantage had it not had release triggers.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just bought a new F3 from Target Shotguns. Steven helped me put together a gun exactly the way I wanted it. Its a 32" Vantage with a beavertail forend and a Left Hand competition sporting stock. They didnt have one with an adjustable comb but I sent it to Graco for that. This way I can switch to a flat rib without having to change stocks. He has been great to work with and is really knowledgeable. He wasnt the cheapest, but was within a couple hundred and I got it exactly the way I wanted. He even sent me pictures of the wood to make sure I liked it.

Watch Wood Artifact Metal Bronze
Watch Wood Artifact Font Metal

·
Administrator
23,237 Posts
Ooooh, that's purty!!

·
Registered
Beretta 694
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for continuing to link things and make suggestions. I really appreciate it!
This is what I was looking at a couple months ago. I love the look of the blonde wood with the bonsai scroll. Steven quoted me $14,500 for this but with another blonde wood set with beaver fore-end.

I haven't looked hard at the Kreighoff yet but the whole adjustability/lack of weight system is a turn off.

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel
Rectangle Musical instrument Tints and shades Font Cylinder

·
Registered
81 Posts
Certainly shoot what fits you best but when you’re spending 5 digits nobody gives you better quality and value than Krieghoff.
Krieghoff is excellent gun!
But:
  • does not like hard primer - like Cheddite primers
  • expensive service and parts
  • Does not have modular system like Blaser does .
  • any length of barrel have the same weight.
  • Excellent service from Blaser USA
IMHO

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
My understanding is they have pins that are cheddite friendly.
Yes, service is not cheap.
What do you need a 'modular' system for? You can fit any barrel or stock you want to the gun.
For sure std sporter barrels are noticeably heavier in 32 vs 30".
Nobody does service better than Ottsville.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a F3 from Steven about 6 months ago. He was excellent to deal with during and after the sale so he will continue to get my business. Blaser USA has also been great to deal with. I'm an very happy with my decision and they are fantastic guns. I haven't looked around for that specific combo but that price sounds reasonable.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Beretta 694
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Krieghoff is excellent gun!
But:
  • does not like hard primer - like Cheddite primers
  • expensive service and parts
  • Does not have modular system like Blaser does .
  • any length of barrel have the same weight.
  • Excellent service from Blaser USA
IMHO
The Cheddite primer issue was concerning to me as well. I shoot a ton of Bornaghi/Clever and Fiochhi Little Rhino.

What does a full service usually run on the K gun vs the Blaser?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just my opinion, but the schnabel forend on the Blaser looks and feels horrible.
I’m Blasers biggest fan , but the English style forend is the only way to go .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts