Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First shotgun experience. PLease give an objective run down of pros and cons as I am on the fence. Will buy one or the other, but cannot definitively decide. Also, what is required to buy a gun over the internet? Any suggestions on who to buy from? Any FFLs on here who are in Dallas area and can help facilitate transfer? You guys have a great forum here and am glad I stumbled on it!!! Thnaks in advance for all your help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry just saw the thread comparing the two. Answers to the other questions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Holden
You might want to try McClelland's http://www.mcclellandgun.com I think they might help you out.

If not I know for a fact that Konigs gunshop in Terrell will do it. His name is Lee, he's a great guy and runs a nice little shop out east of Dallas.

To get a gun over the internet you have to have your FFL send a signed copy of his FFL to the shipping dealer. Then you fill out your paperwork at your FFL as if you were buying the gun from him.

Make sure the guy you're buying from gives at least a 3 day inspection and use postal money orders or credit card just to make sure you have a way to unscrew yourself. I've not heard of many people being unhappy with their internet transactions. I've got two guns from Gunbroker and could not have been more pleased.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Overview - Both are manufactured by Beretta.

391 is gas operated - cycles light loads (7/8 oz.), 12g is Optima Choke, Optima bore, quiet operation.

Montefeltro - recoil operated, slimmer forearm than the 391. Mobile Choke, action can be noisey.

Both are very good. You see more Beretta's than Benelli's on the range. Go with the best fit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
On buying guns on the internet.
Check out ozarkguns.com. They have pretty good prices, and alot to choose from.
What they say on that site is you e-mail them to check aval. and price(shipping +$20 for rifle or shotgun), have someone with an FFL to contact them(probably any gun shop would do this),and they'll ship it to that shop for you to pick up, the paperwork apparently just like buying one from it. The shop would have a transfer fee,say $30, too. I hope this is clear enough. It explains better on their site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts