Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think I originally got here through a search engine, but I wasn't exactly looking for a shotgun message board (I picked "other"). Soon after I got my shotgun, I was just looking around the web for parts/shooting information and stumbled across this place.

·
Registered
261 Posts
8) I asked a question on the Marlin forum and one of the regulars sent me here. Since then I have departed Marlin country and have just used this forum. Too many knowitalls with attitudes on the other board. I enjoy this site a lot. Guess I like shotguns. Folks on this forum will answer your question without making you feel like a lower life form.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
Umm, one time at band camp........

Jay, I haven't a clue how I got sucked into this vortex, maybe it was a reckless night after a Widespread Panic concert?

I do vaguely recall a small website with not much traffic and even fewer posts that had some questions that I actually knew something about.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I first found out about shotgunworld from a search engine while looking for information on shotguns. I have been lurking around for a few weeks now and have made several posts, but i guess this is my first official one.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I joined the old EZboard site about 2 days before it went away, so just followed the herd over here. I think I originally found the original site via a search engine.

I'm a member on a number of manufacturer or type-specific handgun boards, and see this one as a breath of fresh air due to the "friendliness" aspect. I do wish new folks would do a search before posting the daily, "Which xxx should I buy?" questions, but hey, we've all been there.

-- Sam

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
One evening long ,long ago in a galaxy far, far away a young shotgunner was perusing the 'net.

In a fit of madness while searching out the age of a recently aquired sixteen ga A-5 and trying to determine the veracity of claims it was a "Sweet 16" even though it didn't have the inherent traits, the young shotgunner clicked on a link.

LO AND BEHOLD, be AMAZED, the young shotgunner entered the realm of www.shotgunworld.com ,inhabitted by a very lonely shotgun diety ,who answered the birthday question and verified what the young shotgunner suspected.

Whilst visitting the site awaiting an answer (2-3 business days), the young shotgunner noticed many questions without replies, MANY OF THEM HE COULD ANSWER!!!

The rest, as they say, is a story for another time (nap time I suppose). So, Young Shotgunners, take it to heart, if you have something to add, do it. You never know where it will lead or how much fun you can have researching a shotgun only to find that the name was mis-spelled or the model was incorrect , or , (this is my favorite) they keep telling you you are wrong and adding details. MMMM MMMM don't get no better than that!!! :roll:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Let me think [picture turns kinda wavy]..........

It was new year's eve of 2002, and I received an e-mail from an old friend of mine asking about the date of origin of the 10 gauge 3 1/2" shotshell. After perusing my library, I decided to turn to the internet (as I often do).

One of the links that the search engine provided drew me to Shotgunworld (at that time on EZ Board). I clicked the link and it brought me to a faraway land. A land of adventure. Upon trapesing throught this wonderland of shotgunnery, I recognized a nickname from whom I knew from another bulleting board. I decided to enter the chat and lo and behold it was indeed the very same friend who asked me the shotshell question to begin with!

After getting aquainted with the local chaps, I decided this was a place that I could stay. I place where I felt welcome. A place where I felt loved. Well...okay - it was a place where not everyone hated me and called me names.

That night I spoke with Marland (yes you were right, he was the guy I was talking about), John305 and his lovely bride Goldenhunter, Guardian and Mr. Shotgunworld himself: Jay Gentry. Well Mars and I chatted until the wee hours and I decided this was a good place.

So I kept coming around (despite the threats from the mods), and eventually I was conned - I mean invited to be a moderator in the forum where I could do the least damage. And the rest, as they say, is history.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
AND more to the point, now that I realized that the original asker of the question aint ponied up how he got this how thing started.....and don't tell me its on the front page, that mysterious Area 51 that he keeps on about....there is no other place than the forums!

So spill the beans Jay, was this just a project that Star went along with to get you out of her hair or is there more to it?

Oh, and how did the moving go?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hmmm...... Trying to think....brain hurting....ahh yes a search engine I was looking for some info about the Browning Date chart and some info on my Browning superposed. Well I found this site I remember the first thread that the search engine brought me to. It was the "SGW out sick"..... At first I was kinda ify to post because of the manner some people in that thread. I did post a question. Mars of course told me the value of my Browning (To bad I latter found out he was a few grand off). Also Needless to say after he talked to me about the date chart I was even more confused..... But then I think SCG talked me into getting the wife a shotgun and when I did some how my wife ended up on this site and found out and well I just stayed around to get back at her but by the time I could when she had gotten her man a nice Browning O/U this place had grown on me like a nasty smelly foot fungus........

·
Registered
121 Posts
Lemme think it was i think July 16th of last year (or somewhere near that) And i had just went to the gun shop, to pick up some shot and stuff for my father he lives further away and this place is cheap. Saw a nice gun while waiting on them to get it to the front. I didn't know anything about the gun so i came to the internet, and boom i think i found shotgun world that way. All i can say is we've (jay chris (where is he??) and all the other mods and frequent users) come a long way. Even for just a year.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jumped on the net to find some info while trying to decide which semi-auto to buy and ended up here. I spent the next three hours reading old posts and decided to join. Now I am the one referring my friends to the site for information. Thanks for creating and managing this site!!!!---AFG

G

·
I was drying dinner dishes, when I heard a loud boom come from across the woods on the west side of the house. I ran out and jumped off of the porch, across the clearing, down through the trees near the creek, waded the creek and ran up the opposite bank, and way out in the middle of another field there you were. I thought I would introduce myself since we don't get too many folks with shotguns out this way. :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just happened to stumble onto this site tonight! Started reading some of the past posts and have to say it's refreshing to find a site for genuine good info without the usual ego slashing. Top notch site :)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.